Re: I am getting an error Message when trying to connect to 4g (or any g)
njtech

Also got it to work on Windows 7 NOT using VZAccess!!

setup a dial up connection using the settings as described

here:

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=29355

make sure you use vzwinternet for the APN not the one showed

in the link above. So for the modem init string it should be:

AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","vzwinternet"

and for the dial up number :*99#

user: yournumber@vzw4g.com

pass:vzw

0 Likes
Re: I am getting an error Message when trying to connect to 4g (or anyg)
gm441

On a new HP laptop running Windows7, with AM install off the disk, has no problems connecting with UML290 LTE modem as long as I disable the WLAN adapter- it always prefers that if there is WiFi available. My Internet speedtests run 24-32 Mbs download.

On another new HP laptop running XP-Pro, with AM install off disk we cannot connect and get the WMC604 error that other are reporting. 

Could it be Windows and AM?  How could it not be Windows?

0 Likes
kieseld

I am getting the same error. I just bought the USB290 yesterday. It worked this morning on 3G for around 30 minutes. When I got to work, powered on the PC I received the error. It shows a healthy 4G signal but less then a second after hitting connect I get the error. I have tried uninstalling the modem and Vzaccess and reinstalling. I get the same results. I have tried this twice. It is like the software is not even starting the connecting process. I am running Windows 7 on a MacBook Pro. Very frustrated at this point. I will be going into the Verizon store later today and will post anything I find out.

0 Likes
njtech

Don't think the store will be much help. I put a ticket in days ago and have no

responses yet from higher level techs. It seems to be a problem with the VZaccess manager

at this point since you can get it to connected using the manual method.

0 Likes
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

I was having alot of the same issues, called CS and they sent me to a level 2 tech. He had me do some things and still could not get 4G to connect. He told me it was more than likely defective and to swap it out at the store. Not only did I swap it, but I switched from the LG to the Pantech. Now it works great! I can actually be in 3G going down the road, move into the 4G area and it switches without a hitch.

I did find that before my LG finally went out for good, I could hit Detect Device and that would help the majority of the time.

I like the Pantech a little better because the USB connector is longer and it allows you to position it better.

If you are under your 30 days, which we all should be, take it back for another one. They have to do that for 30 days.

0 Likes
njtech

I have the Pantech actually two of them now still the same error / issue for me.

0 Likes
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

BTW-The FW and Software update should be coming out next week. It is supposed to fix the network problems and make it MAC compatible without having to do a hack.

0 Likes
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

Have you tried the 2 Pantech's on different computers?

0 Likes
njtech

tested on 3 computers and a virtual machine still no go.

3G authenticates fine just not 4G

0 Likes
Neander
Contributor - Level 2

Hello Toughbook; I'm having the exact problems you're having.  I re-plugin the Panteck, it shows 4 strong bars of 4G while searching,  If I catch a split-second CONNECT I get  a WMC406 error,   It drops to a 1 or 2 bar 3G and I'm stuck at my old .4 mg speeds.  

Today the Network Teck guys started working on my problem and they seem to be busting their butts to fix it.  It turns out they work in teams 24/7  and I'm expecting calls even tonight.  They (and I)  want to exclude all network problems before we try trading out hardware.  "Ron" told of one women who changed from Pantech to LG & back again 4 times to no avail.

I notice you're in Georgia too.  I'm Stone Mtn, well in the 4G area,  Last night I took my UML290 to another dealership figuring it might need a different tower.  We installed on the shop computer and got the same bug.   He said mine was the first experience he had on his own showroom floor with the new gear.   He also pointed out that Verizon has owned Atlanta for 20 years. All the towers here are theirs,  No Allteck till North Carolina.

I think they're sincerely working on the problems but I'm reminded of a joke origionaly attributed to Microsoft:

What does Verizon call their beta-testers?   .....Customers

Let's keep this subject/message up untill we're ALL happy.  I'm even posting on the T-Mobile site where they're P.O'd & talking about coming to Verizon.   I'll let you know what works for me.

Stats:

XP desktop,  Service Pack 3

Latest version of AccessManager downloaded & re-installed last  night - no help.

0 Likes