Re: I am getting an error Message when trying to connect to 4g (or any g)
irieblue
No it won't the question mark means list all the context Id's on your SIM.
0 Likes
Neander
Contributor - Level 2

As an aside:

It looks like we're a Private conference now folks.  I couldn't find this thread from the main pages.  I hope everybody is finding their way back here.

Irieblue: I'm no techie but your description of the problem might be ringing true.  I was running fine for the first few hours after installation, with just some speaker interferrence.  I went to these forums and saw "FTP Problems".    I ran my old reliable WS_FTP32.EXE   and I  think  from that moment on I was kicked down to 3G.     I didn't make the connection untlll lately, but it looks as if I threw some switch in my hardware.    

Also I tried to see if my Ubuntu laptop took to the UML290 like it so easily did with the USB760 - it didn't

0 Likes
Neander
Contributor - Level 2

OK,  excuuusse me.  I see we're at the top.     Still getting 3G only.   Toughbook; go for it.  I think it's the answer. (easy for me to say).

0 Likes
flrver

I started using my UML290 on 12/08 and it worked great for a week here in the Orlando area. Peak download speed was 27 meg with god 7-9 average. I do have a very high ping speeds of 200ms or more. Most post that I have seen were in the 30ms range. I have not seen any speed test in the Orlando area posted yet.
After a week I got the error UML604 on three PCs. One XP, One with win7 32 bit and another Win7 64bit. I am able to create a dialer in win7 following the earlier post and get connected with 4g speeds but not using VZacess. I also can connect with my Macbook with os10.x. I also have a Cradelpoint PHS300 and it connects to 4g with no problems.
I contacted VZ 2nd level support and they ended up sending me a new modem. I was in the process of going north for the holidays so I am now in Central Va with only 3g service. The original modem connected here to 3g with no problem. I did switch modems and I can not test in a 4g area until the 29th when I go back to Orlando. FYI the PHS300 will not connect to 3g service until Cradelpoint supports the modem at some time in the future. The PHS300 keeps restarting with the modem installed. All of this started before the PHS300 came so I know that it was not caused buy the device.

0 Likes
eleedy
Contributor - Level 1

This is completely outrageous. It worked perfectly for the first day, now it's not working, Pantech UML290 replaced TWO times, SIM card replaced twice, and still nothing. I get the stupid WMC604 error. The last person I talked to on the phone said they would replace it because they've "never heard of that error before". He talked to about 5 different people. Verizon's customer service is usually superb. They won't give me a credit on my bill, even though I'm paying $80/month for something I can't even use. I really just want to switch back to my old pantech usb175, that thing never failed on me. It's frustrating because getting 30mbps over a celluar connection is absolutely amazing, but I can only get it to work for about 10 minutes. They need to release a software update ASAP.

0 Likes
irieblue

eleedy, did you use your device outside of the VZAccess software?

0 Likes
irieblue

Here is something to try:

Quit the VZ access software.

(1) Launch a terminal app ( hyperterm or equivalent ) and select the serial port that represents the Pantech 4G modem.
(2) type "at" (without the quotes) to make sure the modem responds OK (it may or may not echo your typing, i.e it's blind typing)
(3) type at+cgdcont? and save that list for future reference
(4) Type at+cgdcont=1,"IPV6","vzwims","0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0",0,0
(5) type at+cgdcont? and make sure the command in 4 "stuck"

close the terminal port 

Launch the VZAccess software and try to connect. 

0 Likes
Neander
Contributor - Level 2

I'm think you're on to something and I want to help.  I think I may have "thrown a switch" trying the new speeds on an old utility.

But I'm an old DOS guy, I used PCTalk & Terminex,  your commands look like the old Hays Command Set.  I haven't got Hyperterminal, looked  for a simple, stripped down,  free download.    Nadda so far.   Any suggestions?

In the meantime I'll see what I can do from the DOS prompt or Window XP network options.

0 Likes
irieblue

I think the only people who are seeing this WMC604 error may have mistakingly over ridden the default CID 1. Also make sure you did not inadvertently disable  command echo'ing (either through a chat script or CCL),  both command echo and APN are sticky, meaning they stay in the device after you have unplugged it. You can turn command echo on or off  by using a terminal app and typing  ate or atz .  

Yes ate and atz are part of the old Hayes command set, but the at+cgdcont is part of the 3GPP command set for WWAN devices. Sorry I don't have a recommendation for a windows terminal app, I set this on a Mac.

0 Likes
Neander
Contributor - Level 2

SOLVED!

Thank You irieblue!    You were right on the Money.   First, Verizon had a nice terminal program installed in their diagnostics file all along.  I ran it, plugged in  the "at....?"  and got the word "boola"  where "vzwims" is in your entry.

BOOLA  is one of my keywords that I habitualy plug into any program or file where I need to be sure it's unique to me.

How it got onto my SIM is beyond me!

As nice as this "Rich Text" page is, I'm trying to send you a screen-capture of the DOS screen I was working on.  Off-hand, I'll let you know that I need less zero's  and delimited by comma's and not colons.   "0,0,0,0",0,0

So Verizon;   Irieblue's solution can save you $10000's in hardware returns

0 Likes