Re: I am getting an error Message when trying to connect to 4g (or any g)
Neander
Contributor - Level 2

This has been a strange journey.   Plugging in Irieblue's fix worked for me but I noticed CGDCONT #2  - "vzwadmin" was missing.   Is that a problem?   I put it back in anyway so I've got 1 through 4 back in.

I've been messing around making it work on my Ubuntu 10.10.  laptop.

Having disconnect problems  -WON'T disconnect!  that's a change!  but I don't know if this applies to this topic.  Let me see if anybody else is covering it.

0 Likes
mario1233445

TRY THIS : PUT THE PC IN STAND BY OR HIBERNATE MODE 5 SECONDS ....THEN TRY AGAIN -- OPEN  VZ MGR CLICK DTETECT DEVICE

0 Likes
natepiano

This error is also caused by a non-functioning device. 

I followed the advice of earlier (all the "at" work), and my device was still not working (and giving me the same error described earlier). After taking the SIM card out and inserting it into a different (but the same model) 4g card, it was working fine. 

Verizon is shipping me a new one to replace. 

0 Likes
lek

I followed the suggestion above, irieblue, but this did NOT solve my wmc604 error.

Larry

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

If you are still getting the wmc604 error message you need to contact our Technical Support team for assistance at 800-922-0204. You can also send us a private message with your name, mobile number, and a contact number where you can be reached for further troubleshooting. 

Thanks

0 Likes
retiredtom

I got the same error code. When Iwent back to the Verizon store, I was told that they had not activated the device. They activated it and everything is working fine.

0 Likes
ChrisThoms

I have a user in Orlando, FL that just started getting this error message after 4+ months of successfully using the 4G service with a Pantech modem.

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Atom500

Turns out it's Verizon - they are having problems w there 4G network / estimated uptime unknown... at least in the SoCal area

0 Likes
gsdodge
Enthusiast - Level 2

Check several of the other message topics.  A Verizon Update last night around 2AM went bad and the 4G network is down Nationwide, 3G is down in many areas.  In my location I can only get 1x at the moment.  Verizon has acknowledged the outage via Twitter and the outage is reported on Google News.

0 Likes
traviscfm

please please please send me what info and or scren shots you have, this error message is killing me, i work for VZW tech support.

0 Likes