I keep getting "out of service area" messages. I cannot make or receive phone calls or texts. My husband, who is sitting right next to me, has the exact same phone and is having no trouble.
Kate_H
Enthusiast - Level 2

I keep getting the error message "out of service area". I cannot send or receive texts or phone calls. I know we're not out of the coverage area because my husband, who is sitting next to me, is having no trouble at all. We have the same type of  phone and are on the same plan. What gives?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I keep getting "out of service area" messages. I cannot make or receive phone calls or texts. My husband, who is sitting right next to me, has the exact same phone and is having no trouble.
Snn5
Legend

What device are you using?  Maybe you can power down, remove the SIM card and re-seat it firmly, then power on.  You might need a network refresh, or perhaps you need a free SIM replacement from a Verizon corporate store.

0 Likes
Re: I keep getting "out of service area" messages. I cannot make or receive phone calls or texts. My husband, who is sitting right next to me, has the exact same phone and is having no trouble.
Kate_H
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung Galaxy S4. I tried powering down a couple of times, but didn't think to remove the SIM card. (smh). Will give that a try, thanks!

0 Likes
Kate_H
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sadly, that didn't work. Thanks, though.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I go ahead to a corporate store and get a SIM.  While there they can verify the service issue.

0 Likes
Kate_H
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. Will do.