I'm Going To Scream About This City Outage Posts!
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

Why are people stating that a citie's 4G is out? How do they know it is the entire city and ot just there network that is having problems? I could not imagine going on here and stating the 4G is dead in Atlanta because I could not connect. I would at least call 5 friends around the city to see how they were doing with the connection. I honestly feel that we are abusing the words of a city being out. What would happen if the city really was out? We would be used to seeing this posted and not take it serious.

Just my morning rant... Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I'm Going To Scream About This City Outage Posts!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I'm with you there. I was told today by the security guard in my building that the maintenance man who has a Tbolt like me couldn't get 4G LTE yesterday. I was in the same building although on a different floor since I didn't see this maintenance man all day. I had 4G LTE during at least parts of the day. The other times I was either using a wifi connection or had the mobile data network turned off on my phone. I have 4G LTE today too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Neander
Contributor - Level 2

Jeeze Toughbook, you've been grumpy lately.      Isn't connecting with people with similar problems what this forum is all about?  I don't know anybody, much less 5,  who use the same Verizon service I do.   Who you gonna call?

Well I of course I start with the customer service number 1-800-922-0204.  They'll often have a recording or a person saying "We know about the problems where you are...."  and at least you know it's not your problem,  but Verizon's.

but if it's your phone that's dead what good is that number?      -and though I've never had any trouble,  there have been some complaints about the ineptitude of some of the CS workers when they are contacted.  The dealerships are next to useless.

- and it's not like Verizon hasn't had any major crashes before.   You & I know all too well their record before the phones came on line.   The feeling of helplessness and powerlessness is not a good one.   This may be the only place they can come to vent.  If Customer Service could catch them first, they wouldn't come here.

I'm a big believer in legitimate bitching (complaining).  The world's a better place for it.  Bring it on.

0 Likes
azbobs
You must not work for Verizon Neander like the others, very well put. Just like most of us, when we pay for a service and top dollar here we for
1) we expect great service not sub-par service
2) good customer service.
I don't think that's asking for too much!
Cheers,
0 Likes
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

I do have and get excellent service along with the CS to boot.

0 Likes
isosunrise2

I did call everyone of my friends in San Francisco who has a 4G Verizon phone and none of them reported that it was working (which is none of my friends, they all have iPhone's here).  As you can see from the thread, a lot of people log on and reported that the outage went down around the same time, which is also confirmed!  Forums are used to connect people which is what I used it to do, insteading of assuming my phone is broken.

0 Likes
PhoenixThrone

While comparing the city outage reports to the boy who cried wolf is a great comparison, even if one or two people are complaining about a certain area if it actually did go out in that area of course it would be more widely recognized.

I posted mine as an inquiry to see if anyone else in my area was having trouble, as the VZW person on the phone told me it was an outage. I only know one other person with a 4G phone, so I checked with them...they had 4G, ok so I'll check with other people on here. This has poven pretty helpful before, and wouldn't ya know it I got some good advice from a few folks on here. Still didn't solve the issue, but it helped me at least realize it wasn't a complete failure. 

It did have to call twice for the issue to be really checked into further by a VZW rep, but the forum post still helped before that.

0 Likes
jkaod

I think it's a great idea to have "City Outage" posts as long as they are VERIFIED.  By verified I mean, as stated before:

1. check with other people if you can
  2. check with VZW tech support.

Once it's verified then others will know that there is a service outage and it's not just their phone.  I don't want to waste my time running to the Verizon store to say my phone is broken just to have them tell me that it's fine and that there is an outage.  Please keep up the outage posts, but PLEASE VERIFY THEM.

0 Likes
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great idea. As you said, once it is verified one way or another. Some of these are one person in a huge city claiming the entire city is down, which is nuts.

0 Likes