Re: I'm accruing data usage when I'm connected to wifi
MiamiPC101

This is my first bill. Just switched to Verizon.  I work from home and home ALL day with WiFi.  I incurred $30 in extra Data charges.  PERPLEXED! and disturbed.

0 Likes
Calvert3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Im having the same issu. We have Comcast WIFI and are always connected at home. We shut phones completely off when we go to bed and for some erason when we are at home it still shows we are using data. How is this possible!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand how this is upsetting to have data charges if you're connected to wifi. Do you check your data daily via my verizon or #data on your phone? If you have apps open when not connected to wifi and they update, this may use data. Here are some tips to lower data usage on your phone http://vz.to/1n1599i . Let us know if you have a questions.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on TWitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Calvert3,

We can understand how this can be upsetting. We want to make sure that we resolve this issue immediately. The times for usage on MyVerizon are estimates. It does not mean that this was the actual time that the data was used. We hope this provides the clarification that you are looking for.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Scy0846

I have the S5. When I am connected to wifi it seems it still wants to use data. In every phone I have ever had the data turned off with wifi. This phone wouldn't. The person I spoke to on the phone told me that it was updated in the 4.4.4 update that you have to turn data off yourself. The problem I see here is that the update from the carrier must have done it. I went over 6gb in three days believing I was on wifi. When I was on wifi applications were still using my data not wifi

0 Likes
jkricefamily
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are their apps that run data while connected to wifi? I believe some of the

Verizon apps do this so you can require us to purchase more data. Sprint is

offering a good plan right now. I hate to leave Verizon I've used this same

company since my first cell phone in 1998. This is ridiculous.

On Sep 11, 2014 6:58 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
cpram61
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same problem with sudden 6 G overage a month ! Several of my friends also. We are ALL going to T-Mobile. 5 Verizon phone calls with tech support and 2 store visits di NO good. I will continue to ONLY pay my regular amount until they turn off my phone. Verizon has lost all of my respect and my friends.

cpram61
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same issue and Verizon will not help. I am just NOT paying the bill. I will continue NOT to pay until they turn it off.

Mark

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly do not want to lose you and want to get to the bottom of this! Which device do you happen to have? When did you notice the overage starting? Also do you happen to close out all of your applications? Do you use the Facebook application? Please share details so that we can help!

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
stilljustjen
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have 3 phones on a plan.  Two iPhone 5 and one iPhone 5c.  Like the others, we are receiving a data limit message too early in the billing period.  Like the others, when we look at the breakdown, our phones are using data in the middle of the night when the user is asleep and there is stable Wi-Fi.  During the day when the user is on stable Wi-Fi, there is still cellular data being used.  We have turned off cellular usage for Apps.  We have disable Push notifications.  We are not retrieving mail messages with large attachments.  This is normal middle-of-the-road usage.  Not power users.

BUT THE PHONES ARE STILL USING DATA WHILE ON STABLE WI-FI.

What sayeth thou, Verizon?