Re: I'm accruing data usage when I'm connected to wifi
Weth
Legend

I also like when I hear I went from a 3G from to LTE and now I use more data.

As if when I was on dialup I used as much data as I do now on a cable modem.

0 Likes
tammys7603
Enthusiast - Level 3

OMG I am having the same damn problem with our apple phones. Its a bunch of crap. I am being told to shut off our data every night even though I tell the damn phones not to use data to update. Still does it. They are scamming us. Cant wait to be done with our contract. What is the world is going on?

0 Likes
tammys7603
Enthusiast - Level 3

Girl I am doing the same thing in February and maybe sooner!

0 Likes
tammys7603
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you do that? How did you do it?

0 Likes
tammys7603
Enthusiast - Level 3

It has nothing to do with any of that! I Have had my daughters Apple 5 phone to apple two times. Her phone does crazy crap in the middle of the night!!! NO explanation. They tell me to tell her to shut off data when she goes to bed. I am so tired off paying out the butt for data. I am looking at switching to AT&T in February or maybe sooner.

0 Likes
tammys7603
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am right here with you. My daughter has been turning off WIFI too at night and it still does crazy crap to drain our data. Has nothing to do with the phones and we shouldn't have to turn data off all the time so this doesn't happen. Only Verizon has this compliant. Only Verizon. Hummmmmmm

0 Likes
Not applicable

tammys7603 wrote:

OMG I am having the same **** problem with our apple phones. Its a bunch of crap. I am being told to shut off our data every night even though I tell the **** phones not to use data to update. Still does it. They are scamming us. Cant wait to be done with our contract. What is the world is going on?

What reason do you need data on at night if you say you;re not using it anyway. I don;t get this about teh complainers. We offer you a very SIMPLE solution and yet you won't take it.

0 Likes
w9awx
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 3 Droid turbos and one Samsung Note 4 on our plan which started on November 6th.  Since then, verizon is showing we have used 12g of data.  In our worst month with Sprint, with a slower network that should have taken more time to use the slow data they had, we only used 6g of data.  It makes no sense that we've doubled our data usage in a half month's time.  Something is wrong here but Verizon refuses to acknowledge any issue when I call them.  They say it has to be something we, the customer is doing.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

There's a difference between data speeds. Faster speeds often make this pole data faster. Stream in higher bitrate or higher definition. A low definition video average may be 100Mb while the same video in higher definition is 550Mb. They can be streamed at the same time frames but one uses more data over that time frame. A lot of people don't realize this.

Facebook, Netflix, and YouTube are notorious for this. Pandora and such also do this based on your connection speeds.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You can set your speed for many of those at a lower bitrate

0 Likes