"My account was credited for the overages, if anyone else has this issue simply call verizon and they will do the same for you until the patch is released."
That tells me that not only is Verizon aware of the problem but they are part of the problem. If they truly had NOTHING to do with this or were not hiding anything they would tell someone thats asking for a refund to pound sand. Thats like asking DirecTV for a partial refund because of something you saw on a channel that broadcasts on their system.
Simply put, Verizon and the other carriers are being caught with their pants down. They are more than aware of these problems yet do nothing to satisfy the common user.
I will be asking for refunds month after month until they get this fixed. These phone bills are astronomical as in 1985 $1.25 a minute astronomical. It shouldn't be like that almost 30 years later.
Hello. I had a similar experience with Verizon, and started this public
Facebook forum to help abused customers describe their data fees and to
shame Verizon into action. I have no agenda other than airing a valid
complaint that Verizon is unwilling to address. Feel free to describe your
experience at: https://www.facebook.com/VerizonDataFeeProtest.
On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 11:15 PM, Tidbits <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I originally thought it was only motorola turbo with this problem but I
have heard from several other people that have galaxy S5 and others phones
that have recently been released on the verizon network so I'm more
inclined to think it's a verizon software problem than a manufacturer
♫ One of these things is not like the other ♫:
My billing cycle ends on the 13th of each month. So, in 15 days, Verizon shows I used over 3.2GB, while my phone shows less than 1GB (even counting 4 days before the new cycle). I wouldn't be so upset if Verizon would just admit there is an issue on their end.
It could very well be that far off. You can even see it with WiFi. For example I used from my phone says I use 45GB of data but from my router it says I use 63GB. TWC ironically reads 52GB. When in doubt I look at the one that will bill me.
You claim your billing cycle resets on the 13th of every month. Why in the world don't you have the data usage tracker on the phone set to the right dates? The phone tracker resets on the 10th of the month according to your screenshot.
I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.
Just to clarify:
(1) I have changed my data tracker in Android to reflect my billing cycle since I took the screenshot.
(2) That has nothing to do with this issue at all. If anything, it shows how bad it is since even with a few extra days of data tracking on my phone, there is still a massive discrepancy.
After changing the tracking dates to reflect my billing period, Android claims I've used 0.88GB of carrier data. That's even worse.
However, I did try a suggested workaround:
(1) Turn off WiFi
(2) Put phone into airplane mode
(3) Turn on WiFi
(4) Take phone out of airplane mode
This did seem to help. I did some testing of toggling between WiFi and Verizon data, and it seems to be once again tracking the correct data usage (for now). I have no idea how long this will last, but there is clearly an issue that needs to be addressed.
The adjustment you made in your Data tracker good job for example mine cycles on the 26th of each month so I have it set up the 27 through 26.. you can also track Data for your Wi-Fi just tap the three little boxes on the right side of the screen I've used it in the past..