I'm dropping a lot of calls. It seams to have started after XLTE. Anyone else notice this?
tksupport

Same phone. No upgrade to firmware.  Same travel route.

Coincidence or other issues?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I'm dropping a lot of calls.   It seams to have started after XLTE.  Anyone else notice this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@tksupport

I want to ensure you're able to maintain a reliable wireless connection!  What model phone do you have and in what zip code are you experiencing the dropped calls?  How often are you dropping calls?  Lastly, is this happening indoors, outdoors or both?  Please let me know so that I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: I'm dropping a lot of calls.   It seams to have started after XLTE.  Anyone else notice this?
tksupport

Phone is a Samsung SM-N900V Galaxy Note 3 running android 4.42 with kernel 3.4.0.

Lost connection area is I-44 from Eureka, Mo to H-141 in Valley Park also 3749 Telegraph Road Arnold, Mo. area.

Random disconnects other areas.   Mostly outdoors.  It'a almost to the point of being worthless since these are the areas mostly traveled.

If it's the phone, I'll get something else.  If it's the service, I'll get something else.

0 Likes
tksupport

Sorry zip code is 63025 and 63010

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information tksupport! No alerts in our system for those areas. Please reset connection to network and test: power off>remove SIM card for one minute>insert SIM>power on.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information! Taking a look at the coverage maps I see that the zip codes would be located in and near what would be considered an extended network. In these areas you would be more likely to have service issues due to terrain challenges and your overall distance from the active cell site. You can try to reseat the SIM to ensure connectivity and allow the device to update the connection if necessary. Take a look here to see how http://vz.to/1tIy8xL. Keep us posted.

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes
Re: I'm dropping a lot of calls. It seams to have started after XLTE. Anyone else notice this?
tksupport

I've never had this issue, ever. I bragged about how I never dropped any

calls. Now I can't use the service without dropping calls. What can I do

or am I just stuck? Doesn't sound like you can or will help. Who can I

talk to?

On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 4:14 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely do want to help! Is the issue only occurring while traveling? 

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes