I recently switched to Verizon. In some areas it goes down to 3G, but then moving to an area I know has good 4G, it remains stuck in 3G until I turn airplane mode on then off again. Is there any way to fix this without having to cycle through airplane mod
kleintrpt

Phone is LG G3. I find it odd that I have to cycle through airplane mode to fix this particular issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I recently switched to Verizon. In some areas it goes down to 3G, but then moving to an area I know has good 4G, it remains stuck in 3G until I turn airplane mode on then off again. Is there any way to fix this without having to cycle through airplane
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

That's not what I expect from an L3 G3. Let's see what we can do to help! What zip ode are you in? When did the service start switching down to 3g? Have you tried removing and reinserting your sim card? Is your phone set to roaming? Keep us posted to ensure there si a solution.

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: I recently switched to Verizon. In some areas it goes down to 3G, but then moving to an area I know has good 4G, it remains stuck in 3G until I turn airplane mode on then off again. Is there any way to fix this without having to cycle through airplane
kleintrpt

I'm in 60640 and work in 60611. This happens both at home and work where I used to get 4GLTE most of the time with AT&T. I haven't yet tried removing and reinserting the SIM card but I'll try that sometime today. In the mean time, how do I check if the phone is set to roaming or not?

Thank you

0 Likes
kleintrpt

I did get a chance to remove and reinsert the SIM card, as well as verify that roaming was in fact disabled.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kleintrpt,

Thank you for doing that for me! Did you notice an improvement with your service? Are you getting the 4G service you deserve? Is this issue occuring indoors or outdoors?

StevenR_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kleintrpt

There has been no improvement thus far.

I recently switched from AT&T for a cheaper price, but so far my experience connection-wise across Chicago has been absolutely terrible. Where I used to get 4-5 bars 4GLTE in my apartment at 60640, I now get 3G if I'm lucky (have NEVER seen 1X before on AT&T even in the most remote of locations).

I also have poor connections near my work at 60611. Had (again) a bar of 1X and the person next to me had 3 bars 4G LTE with AT&T again.

So far plenty of regrets... and doing my research, I see many complaints in Chicago LTE services. Hoping there is a fix out there soon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming, kleintrpt!

I'm showing great 4G LTE coverage in both areas.  I would like to see if replacing the 4G SIM Card would help.  If this hasn't already been replaced, please accept my "Follow" request, "Follow" me back and send me a Direct Message so that I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes