I switched from T-Mobile to Verizon and Disappointed in Speeds and Coverage
jaredfaivre
Enthusiast - Level 3

I live in the Las Vegas valley - 89139 and Coverage in this section of town is very poor. In my home, the phone will say it's connected to LTE with 3 bars, but as soon as I try to use it, the signal will immediately drop. This problem is particularly noticable during morning rush hour, lunch time, and evening rush hour. Outside of peak hours I am able to use the service.

During peak times, I am often booted to 1x CDMA with 1 bar and internet that won't connect or often times no signal at all.

Also, my job of involves driving all over the city and there are many areas where data doesn't work at all or is so slow as to be impractical. Sometimes, toggling in and out of airplane mode will resolve the issue (presumably, phone attaches to a less congested band, but why is it not switching on it's own if the network is not usable?) Also, there are sections of major highways like 215 & Valle Verde where calls consistently drop on Verizon, but did not on T-Mobile.

As compared to T-Mobile, coverage was also poor in this section of town. However, I never had coverage issues when traveling around town. Speeds were consistently around 2mbps down pretty much everywhere (yep, that was LTE!) I switched to Verizon because I felt that I should be getting more than 2mbps down on LTE.

I am very disappointed because honestly the coverage and voice service on Verizon is slightly worse than T-Mobile here. The data is much better where you can get it but it is unacceptable that there are areas where there is so much congestion that the data is unusable.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I switched from T-Mobile to Verizon and Disappointed in Speeds and Coverage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jaredfaivre, we appreciate your decision in moving to Verizon and we're sorry to hear that you have experienced several challenges in regard to being able to get consistent service on your phone, especially for work purposes. I am confident that we will be able to resolve your coverage issues. I was not able to find any alerts for the zip code you provided. Have you always had coverage and data speed issues since moving to Verizon? Are other Verizon users in your area also receiving similar experiences with coverage and data speeds? Looking forward to hearing back.

Lorenzo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jaredfaivre
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Lorenzo,

Yes, the issue has been consistent since I switched to Verizon. I believe

there is poor coverage at my home but I have had all of the 4 major

carriers and experience problems at my home with all of the in this zip

code. It's pretty frustrating because I live in an urban area and not out

"in the boonies" but can't seem to find a carrier with adequate coverage in

this area.

WiFi calling has been filling the gap at my home, but I still think

something may be going on with the way this model phone is interacting with

the Verizon network in other areas of the valley? I'm trying to understand

why toggling airplane mode seems to resolve data access speeds in certainl

areas of town?

On Sat, Sep 8, 2018, 10:46 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand how frustrating it can be if you tried all carriers and seem to have the same issue Jaredfaivre. I want to help as much as I can. I have sent you a private message so I can assist you further. 

Amber_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes