I used up half my data in two days!
dougdraws

I just signed up with Verizon after being a faithful Boost customer for several years. I got the Samsung Galaxy S6 and started playing around with it. Today I noticed that I have used up half of my 1GB data in just two days! This is kind of disheartening, since it means I'll have to upgrade my data if I want to continue using this service which means I'll have to pay more.

Boost was great because I just paid $40 a month and had unlimited text, Web and data usage. Verizon is charging me $60 a month and now if I want to use my phone like I always have it seems I'll have to "upgrade" the data. Not very happy with this so I'm thinking of going back to Boost.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I used up half my data in two days!
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If having unlimited data is important to you then yes, you would do better to switch back if paying for a higher data plan isn't something you want to do. You're coming from an unlimited data plan so you need to realize you no longer have the freedom to use the data as loosely as you may have been able to in the past. If you're not willing to adjust your usage habits then you are going to have problems. If you have access to wifi that will help you some. But clearly, a 1 GB plan will not work for you.

Snn5
Legend

I am a Boost and Verizon customer.  I had the 1GB on my G2 and never come close to 1GB.  The boost phone running LTE 24/7 only uses about half a GB a week.  Then again, I adjusted my habits based on Verizon, since I was there first, so that might be why my Boost use is lower too.  ($30 2GB plan)

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

As you now know, 1 GB is not much.  Why did you switch If you were happy with the boost plan?  

0 Likes
dougdraws

Thanks for the replies everyone. On Boost sometimes I would not hear calls or text messages when they came in. Also I could not send emails or do text messages while talking to somebody on the phone. That got annoying after awhile.

So I finally went to Verizon and got the s6 and they told me I wouldn't have any of those issues with them. A buddy just told me that if I switch to wifi while I'm home then I won't incur data usage with Verizon. I didn't know I could do that so now I'm using the wifi while I'm home. Seems to be making a difference.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, you can always use wifi over mobile data if a network is available and it is either open or you have the log in credentials.  (you can also use wifi on Boost)