IP camera on 4G
meckjc

I currently have a 3G USB modem that I use to access an IP camera at my vacation home. The location is very remote and does not have 4G service yet. My questions are:  If I get a 4G USB modem and plan will it work on the 3G network (I assume yes)? Also, can I access my IP camera over 4G when the network becomes available?  I use port forwarding on the 3G network to access the camera currently, and everything I read on the internet says that port forwarding is not enabled on the 4G network.  If I can't use 4G for IP camera access can I force the 4G modem to work as 3G and continue using port forwarding?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IP camera on 4G
techismylife
Contributor - Level 1

meckjc wrote:

I currently have a 3G USB modem that I use to access an IP camera at my vacation home. The location is very remote and does not have 4G service yet. My questions are:  If I get a 4G USB modem and plan will it work on the 3G network (I assume yes)? Also, can I access my IP camera over 4G when the network becomes available?  I use port forwarding on the 3G network to access the camera currently, and everything I read on the internet says that port forwarding is not enabled on the 4G network.  If I can't use 4G for IP camera access can I force the 4G modem to work as 3G and continue using port forwarding?

No WebCams work with Verizon LTE.

The only exception CloudCams require NO setup, just plug in, download the iPhone or Android App, or web url, and enter the camera ID and password

http://3gstore.com/category/578_cloudcam_ip_cameras.html

0 Likes