IPHONE
cljames5

Just got my the iphone and now verizon has 4g.  Does anyone know if iphone 4 will upgrade to the 4g network?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: IPHONE
Spiral
Master - Level 1

iPhone 4 will not upgrade to the 4G (LTE) network.  It is strictly a 3G (CDMA) network technology phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

iPhone 4 will not upgrade to the 4G (LTE) network.  It is strictly a 3G (CDMA) network technology phone.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

cljames5 wrote:

Just got my the iphone and now verizon has 4g.  Does anyone know if iphone 4 will upgrade to the 4g network?

Since the Verizon 4g network was activated last November and assuming that you got a Verizon iPhone, Verizon had 4g BEFORE you got your iPhone, and no, it will not upgrade to 4g.

0 Likes
ziggy4two

I feel your pain.  I'm saying the same thing.  And unfortunately, no they won't :smileysad:

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks for all of your responses! You are all correct. Our first 4G device was the HTC Thunderbolt, which was released on 3/17. Because changing from 3G to 4G requires a hardware change, not just software, the iPhone 4 will not be able to upgrade to 4G. You can view our current 4G devices by going to:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneOverviewByDevice...

0 Likes
scottshad

As 15 year customer with Verizon (and before it became Verizon) I usually do not have very many negative comments about Verizon. But this 4G is getting under my skin. I have 3 friends that when there contracts came up they URGED to buy 4G phones(by Verizon employees @ the stores) even though 4G is not available in the Chattanooga, TN area. they were told that 4G would be here by the beginning of summer and guess what? It is still isn't here. The only good part of this is that they don't have to pay the increase for the 4G since it is not here yet, but they had to pay for the expensive phones.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

scottshad wrote:

As 15 year customer with Verizon (and before it became Verizon) I usually do not have very many negative comments about Verizon. But this 4G is getting under my skin. I have 3 friends that when there contracts came up they URGED to buy 4G phones(by Verizon employees @ the stores) even though 4G is not available in the Chattanooga, TN area. they were told that 4G would be here by the beginning of summer and guess what? It is still isn't here. The only good part of this is that they don't have to pay the increase for the 4G since it is not here yet, but they had to pay for the expensive phones.

Since summer hasn't really started yet, they haven't missed their stated deadline YET.:smileywink: Additionally, by the beginning of summer doesn't necessarily mean BEFORE summer and can actually mean during the 1st part of summer.

Increase for 4G? There is no difference in price between 4G and 3G service.

0 Likes
Ed1956

I just got the "4G" bull crap......stay with iPhone, I wish I had not switched at this point

0 Likes