Idiot Verizon Employees
edschooler
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was called by Verizon and told I could get 2 new FREE IPhone 5c models with no activation charge and a better contact. I was told that I could talk it over with my wife and call back the next day to activate and get new phones. I called back the next day and was told by the SAME IDIOT employee that I can no longer get the deal he offered me the day before and I called customer support for help. They said the best they could do is give me 24 months to pay over $1300 for the new hones and now also have to pay the activation fee witch I was told was waived the day before.  Verizon must only hire Lying assholes for customer service. I have been with them for around 15 years and they pull this BULLSHIT on me. Verizon wireless SUCKS SHIT.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Idiot Verizon Employees
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

A rep called you directly to advertise a discount?  That sounds odd to begin with, at least I haven't heard of them doing that before.  Sounds like the VZW rep was misinformed or made a mistake and then tried to correct it.  There is often confusion when it comes to special offerings and discounts that not every VZW rep is aware of.  You were wise to check with a different Customer Support rep for confirmation on the details.

What's the old rule of thumb, if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is?  There's no harm double-checking a deal like this to make sure it is legit.  Feel free to use the forum here to validate things like this in the future.  At the very least the community can review the details for you and confirm what we have heard or been told.

hambone95
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok calm down for a moment. The free iPhone 5C was valid. It was a limited time deal however.  You would only have had to pay the upgrade fee of $30 and no activation fee. It is one of those deals where if you blink,it's gone. I'm sorry if this causes you an inconvenience

hambone95
Enthusiast - Level 3

But no worries! Since you've been a customer for so long, you will most likely have another promotion soon that other customers won't be able to get.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Thanks for chiming in to clarify.  I am not aware of the various promotions for VZW phones.

0 Likes