Intermittent coverage has got worse recently
Atelesco
Enthusiast - Level 1

Something has happened in the past few months specifically around my location. I work for apartment buildings in Danbury CT on the Brewster NY boarder (Saw Mill Road/Reserve road 06810) and have for the past 14 years. Cell reception has always been spotty to say the least, but recently (past 6-8 months) the service is borderline non existent, inside or outside. Even our LTE fire panels have been having problems maintaining connection. Considering this area is so densely populated, I would think Verizon would want to make cell reception as good as possible in this specific part of town. My property alone has 15 buildings/500 units, the one across the street has a little more than 500 units, and there is over 1000 townhouses/condos that have been built over the past few years right next to us both. Every time I've talked with a Verizon rep, they say the same thing "we haven't gotten any complaints in that area" which means people either don't have a way to voice issues, or Verizon doesn't make the effort to listen to the complaints. no matter, the first company that is able to come out on top with cell service here will for sure be getting EVERYONES business, that i know for a fact based on how many people ask me daily what the best cell provider is here. I've been with Verizon for20+ years and hope to stay, but if something doesn't change soon, i know i wont be the only one leaving for another provider. 

Re: Intermittent coverage has got worse recently
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We truly value your long time loyalty and would never want to see you go, Atelesco. It's disappointing to hear the service in your area has changed over time. We definitely want you to have the best possible service where you need it. We unfortunately, cannot guarantee service indoors due to factors outside our control, but we would like to take a closer look into the area with you. New construction in your area can also cause interference with the line of sight with your signal. Please tell us more about what happens when using the phone for calls, text, and data while there. What signal shows on your device? Do you have access to Wi-Fi at this location?  -Danielle

0 Likes
Atelesco
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your quick response. I'm fully aware of the line of site issues and service indoors being problematic by nature, but no matter where you are in this area, indoors or out, service is either 1-2 bars and 4g lte is greyed out, or nothing at all. On rare occasion I will see 4g and 2-3 bars, but the moment I go to make a call or use my phone, it goes away or drops the call soon after. texts are near impossible to send/receive, not to mention pictures. My phone (S21 ultra) sometimes says I have service but when I go to make a call and it says no network available. I do use wifi calling, but that comes with a struggle of having to be on a reliable wifi network and will sometimes drop randomly, cause a major echo on my end or the other persons end, or not work at all and say I'm not registered on any network. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for confirming those details for me. Please share with me what current software is running on your  device? This is located in the settings>about phone section. 

-Rodney

0 Likes
Cathyc6153
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes the reception is getting worse and worse! I rent here to take care of a 1 yr old granddaughter with a blood disorder! And I have a granddaughter in NJ who had an eating disorder! I’ve been with Verizon for maybe 30 years!!! So now you can’t serve my family needs??? I stayed with you for so many years!! Please stay with me and give us service we are entitled to… because the whole group of Crown point and Toll Brothers will boycott!! We are being abused! Fix it or Lose it!!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cathyc6153, we understand the importance of staying connected, especially with the family responsibilities you have. To clarify, are you having problems with calls, texts and data? What ZIP Code are you having issues?

*Joshua

0 Likes