Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Is LTE or 5G Verizon Home available or did you contract it to Comcast?
Lordthor2001

Hello,

I want to sign up for LTE or 5G home internet since I already have 2 Verizon cellphones and Verizon home phone service. Do you offer LTE or 5G home internet in my area (zip 18709, next to 18708 and 18704)?

If it's not available, is it because I have seen in financial reports that Verizon leases infrastructure to Comcast (Xfinity)? They sell wifi in my town at 2-3 times the price of Verizon and I would also have to switch to their cellphone system, also at a higher price. 

I'm starting to think Starlink internet might be an option.

0 Likes
Re: Is LTE or 5G Verizon Home available or did you contract it to Comcast?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello there. We know our internet options are exciting. You can check if it's available in your area using these links:

4G LTE Home Internet: https://www.verizon.com/home/lte-home-internet/

5G Home Internet: https://www.verizon.com/5g/home/

Please let us know if you have any other questions, Lordthor2001. *Rebecca

0 Likes
Lordthor2001

Why is neither Verizon LTE or 5G home internet available to me when it is available 1/2 mile away? If I enter my zip code into your website I get the results of DSL (which I have at a blazing 5mbps/$79.99mo) or it tells me to call HughesNet Satellite Internet for faster service. HughesNet is not much faster and has a 25 Gb/month data cap. 

I know Comcast/Xfinity offers WiFi & cellular service here and that they lease your infrastructure to provide internet service at 2 to 4 times Verizon's price and they also require cell phone lines to keep the prices there.

Since I have Verizon coverage in my area, and every other customer rep I talk to says my address qualifies for LTE or 5G home internet, can I order it or did you contract out your local infrastructure to Comcast/Xfinity?

I want to sign up for LTE or 5G home internet since I already have 2 Verizon cellphones and Verizon home phone service. Do you offer LTE or 5G home internet in my area (zip 18709, next to 18708 and 18704)?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for your interest in our home wireless service, you can always check the availability in your area through this link: https://www.verizon.com/5g/home/. If you do not qualify, you can sign up to receive updates via email to when it becomes available. Rest assured we always seek to expand our coverage and service to provide a world-class experience to all our customer. Did this info help?  ~Gilbert

0 Likes
Lordthor2001

No, it didn't. Verizon 5G home internet is available 0.5 miles away from me.

Over the course of the last 4 months, I have had 3 Verizon service reps tell me my address was qualified for Verizon wireless home interne.

The first rep sent me to the Verizon page which said I qualified for high-speed internet (aDSL 5Mbps for me) or call HughesNet Satellite if I wanted a higher speed (up to 25Mbps capped at 50Gb/mo for 149.99/mo).

The second rep transferred me to another rep and told I was told my address didn't qualify to sign up.

The third rep told me to go to my local Verizon store where it showed I was qualified but the computer wouldn't allow the store rep to order a wifi home internet modem to further process the order.

So, I can get LTE and 5G cellular service at my home. 

Verizon says I qualify for a Jetpack and LTE or 5G mobile data service that is usable even at my home address. In fact, anytime I am on the Verizon website checking about wifi internet, I am directed to Jetpacks and add-on data plans for cell accounts.

Do I have to upgrade my cell plans to an unlimited plan to qualify for LTE or 5G wifi fixed home internet?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Lordthor2001, I'm sorry that you were getting conflicting information previously. The 5G Home link I shared, is the best one for determining 5G Home eligibility. If you're currently not eligible, I'm sorry to hear that, and we are of course always looking to expand the service. So, while that might be the situation now, it won't always be in the future.

As to your question, if you need to upgrade your plan, it depends on the device and service you'd be getting. To use 5G you do need to move to a qualifying 5G plan. In the case of 5G Home, there are specific service plans which go with that device. For LTE Jetpacks or 5G Jetpacks, those plans are listed here: https://www.verizon.com/plans/devices/hotspots#tab-nav

The pricing and features of each plan are listed and explain what kind of access you get. These plans are for use with our Jetpacks for LTE and 5G.

-John

0 Likes
Lordthor2001

Hi, Tech magazines say that anywhere cell phone w/data plans work, internet data plans work.

I find ISP brokers marketing Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T wireless home internet as being available in my area. The brokers state the services are from the name-brand companies but the accounts can only be paid through their company. They hold ownership of the accounts and the customers are only members who only hold subscriptions to the internet accounts.

Below is the info and prices from just one of these 3rd party ISP sellers:

nolimitdata  .  net

Lordthor2001_2-1639767197435.gif

Plex Modem + Unlimited Red Plan

$359.00Price
  • $199 One-Time Modem hardware fees + $160 monthly membership fees. 
  • Red plan includes Unlimited data. 
  • Video Streaming at Standard Definition 480p
  • This listing includes first 30-days of service
  • Service renews every 30 days with our Automatic Billing service.
0 Likes
Lordthor2001

I will keep questioning when I can get LTE of 5G home internet because I am currently paying Verizon $79.99/month for aDSL service. 

I will keep asking until this service becomes available because your service is the most reliable and inexpensive.

5-7Mbps connection speed is no longer considered broadband speed by the FCC. Under perfect conditions Verizon aDSL advertises max speed of 15Mbps. The minimum speed is now 25 Mbps to be considered broadband. 

0 Likes