Is anybody else getting screwed on their data plans ? My billing issue
PhilSmea
Enthusiast - Level 2

I submitted a demand to have my bill reviewed after it went from around 20 gigs per month usage to over 40 in just two weeks.

Their billing department is absolutely incompetent.  I had a bill of around 175 the first month then I nearly had a heart attck when I saw a bill for over $700 I did not even receive the alert that I was over my allotment.  I am going to suspend my plan at the end of this month, this totallly sucks, the worst customer servcie I have ever had, a ticket was put in over a week ago for my bill to be reviewed, every time I have spoken to someone they ahve never gotten back as promised... my ticket number is      I swear I was even looking at my litt;e rip off 4 G lite box, when it jusmped nearly a Gig and the computer was not even on, no no hacking checked that.  Tech support was supposed to get back to me and never did... I thought ATT was bad, I am checking with my lawyer service at work, he wants me to bring in this little data ripper.  He claims there have been many other complaints about verrizons 4G lite data service and their billing practices. 

>Post edited to remove ticket number>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

Labels (1)
Re: Is anybody else getting screwed on their data plans ? My billing issue
my73dollys
Contributor - Level 1

Same thing is happening to me. How can Verizon expect us to pay these excessive bills, when that is not what we signed up for.

hp20
Enthusiast - Level 2

My family has encountered the same problems you are experiencing. When I started with Verizon I bought 5 razor phones, 2 mi fi 4510L wifi devices & 2 home phone connects. I had 4 gigs on each razor and unlimited on each wireless wifi device. Unfortunately the wifi did not connect consistantly and when I called customer service they told me I would save a lot of money going with the family share plan. Sounded good till we started getting these phantom high data bills. Verizon can't tell what is driving up our data bills, one month it is my gradson's phone, the next time it is my son's phone. We have backed off using our data but these phantom bills keep popping up. We have 30 gigs on the shared plan and my son supposedly used 30 by himself. Verizon is a RIP OFF company and they lie on an everyday basis. It is the most arrogant company I have ever encountered. When I signed my 2 year contract I received a 17% corporate discount and in Oct. they cancelled it, I called and asked them to send the part of the 2 yr contract concerning the corporate discount and they told me that their was no written agreement concerning corporate discounts. They just give it to customers out of the goodness of their heart. I am done with Verizon, I will be canceling my sevice 1/3/14 when my contract ends, I will have to port my numbers to a new carrier that day as on 1/4/14 I will be charged for another month as Verizon doesn't pro rate and if I don't port my numbers to another carrier that day and I cancel Verizon will take all our telephone munbers and we would all have to get new ones. I plan on getting a billboard to warn unsusppecting new customers and I think it is time to file a class action lawsuit against them. If all of Verizon's dissatisfied customers were to get together, their would be thousands in the 6 digit range. Where is thhe FCC and why are they not protecting us? Where is our government and why are they not getting involved? The FCC did fine Verizon one million for not allowing customers to tether the data on their phones with their computer. That fine amounted to a slap on the wrist and the FCC kept it, the customers affected did not receive one penny. ALL corporations are out of control and instead of our government controlling them, they actually control OUR government!

Best Regards, Homer

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Is anybody else getting screwed on their data plans ? My billing issue 424615
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear your bill increased because of data PhilSmea. Its difficult to get a bill higher than usual and I understand your frustration. Let's take a look at the status of your ticket so we can get this resolved as soon as possible. Please send me a private message with your name and mobile number.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
daesong1
Enthusiast - Level 3

>Duplicate post deleted. Please follow the post at the link below:<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is never fun to receive a higher bill than expected, my73dollys! Lets see what is going on. In order for me to better assist. I would need to review the account. Please accept my follow request and follow back. Send me a private message with your name and mobile number so that I can help!

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

my73dollys
Contributor - Level 1

Private information removed as required by the Terms of Service.

For instructions on how to Direct Message, please visit How to: Direct Message

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
dotlv

I have been with Verizon for at least 12 years and I am getting ready to discontinue services. I was in the Hermiston, Oregon store this past month trying to purchase an IPad and eventually gave up because what I wanted to have access to was not available on that device. I was told that the Samsung Tablet would meet my needs and after 1 week of frustration I returned the tablet as well. I was in the store 4-5 times with an average staying time of 2-3 hours each ocassion. I was charged a "return to inventory" fee of $70. which I was not aware of until I was going over receipts and discovered they did not reimburse me for fees on my charge card. Then I saw the inventory fee. I was never told of this fee when I returned the IPad or the Samsung Tablet. I was told I needed to bring in proof of the charges and also told I could use the new device I bought which could access my banking records.I tried to use the new tablet I had purchased at another business to  access my bank account and the associate "Crystal" said she would  connect me to their wifi. I gave her my tablet and somehow my tablet got  jammed. When I asked her for help and she replied she knew nothing  about my device. When I asked her about the inventory fee she stated that was common practice. I told her I was not made aware of this practice and if I had been I would never have taken the device out of their store. The only way I could get them to reverse charges on my credit card was to go to the bank and get a copy of the transaction. Needless to say it was not a positive experience. Now I received a billing statement which is more than double my usual bill????  What's with that??? I am very disappointed in the business tactics Verizon/customer reps. used in this instance and as soon as this is corrected I am out of here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dotlv, I really don't want to see you leave us over this!

It should have been explained to you our 14 day Worry Free Guarantee Policy.  Please know that you can always return or exchange your device (considering no physical or liquid damages) within 14 days of purchase for a full refund, less the Restocking Fee.  This is also disclosed on your receipt and Customer Agreement.  http://bit.ly/IiuSqj  I am concerned with why your bill was higher than expected.  Was this your first bill?  If so, you will receive partial billing charges for the days the line was active within your billing cycle, as well as the standard month-in-advance charges.  These charges should have been explained at the time of purchase so that the first bill would not be a surprise.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.  I am sure we can restore your confidence in our service.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Sorrycompany
Enthusiast - Level 2

I removed a whole line that was $59 and my bill only went down $10.  No overages and I am unable to go in and change my plan for the absolute utmost inconvenience.  How does the chat line not work when you are trying to change your plan?  I feel screwed.  I only have one line on contract and I'm moving both lines and paying out of my poor service.  Two phones with limited internet and limited phone minutes for $211.21.  What is wrong with this picture?  How do I have roaming charges for data?  I have roaming turned off.  Sprint offers a much better plan.  Give me two days and I'm out of the Verizon world.  Their service is absolutely no better than anyone else's anymore.  Ask anyone at AT&T.  After this, I'm ready for a track phone.

0 Likes