Is anyone else having issue with LTE connection in Chicago?
kayakguy

For about a week now, I have been having difficult connecting to LTE in Chicago. Either it connects for few minutes then drop off or just 3G. Now I can't even get LTE in my office. It has never been an issue before. I have a Thunderbolt and software is up to date.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is anyone else having issue with LTE connection in Chicago?
gspfilmworks

I, too, have the Thunderbolt. I noticed a drop in 4G connection just after the 1.70.605.0 update. I used to have a solid strong 4G signal in Algonquin, where I live, as well as downtown. I now only get it downtown. I'm very disappointed!

Now, it seems, I have NO network connection. What the....?!?!

12PM CST July 22 - Downtown Chicago

0 Likes
bingmei

I haven't had a consistent 4G signal since 7/19.  I called Verizon and tech said there were no reported outages. Trouble ticket was created but I haven't heard anything yet.  I thought maybe it was related to heat wave but today, still no signal and it's cooler.  I l live in the city and work downtown.  My software is current and I'm not rooted. 

0 Likes
gspfilmworks

I re-booted the phone (an odd notion when you think about it) and it seems to be behaving, although I haven't left the city for the day. I'll see once I get home.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

bingmei wrote:

I haven't had a consistent 4G signal since 7/19.  I called Verizon and tech said there were no reported outages. Trouble ticket was created but I haven't heard anything yet.  I thought maybe it was related to heat wave but today, still no signal and it's cooler.  I l live in the city and work downtown.  My software is current and I'm not rooted. 

Hi Bingmei,

I understand your frustration with not getting a 4G signal in Chicago. Are you still experiencing this issue? The post below yours states that a power cycle corrected the issue. I did check my references and I am not showing a 4G outage in Chicago from the 19th. 

Have you received word back yet from the trouble ticket that was issued? Please let us know so we can make sure that your issue is resolved. 

Thank you and have a great day!

0 Likes
bingmei

No, I still do not have a consistent 4g signal.  I have powered on/off so many times it's ridiculous.  Have also pulled the battery and SIM card at least 3 times.  I got a "courtesy call" from Verizon on 8/25 and was told they are working on issue but had no other details.  It's very frustrating  to have paid for a 4g phone and not be able to get service.   So glad I didn't pay for the mobile hot spot!

0 Likes
bingmei

Sorry, I meant I got a call on 7/25.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Bingmei, 

Have you received and completed the update for the Thunderbolt? If not, this can resolve your issue. You can manually check the device for the update by following these steps:

Press Menu

Press Settings

Press About Phone

Press Check for Updates

Additionally, I have provided you with a link, so you can also see the benefits of this upgrade. Please note that this is not an update to the Gingerbread software. The link is below. 

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/thunderbolt.html

Thank you for your posting and I hope you have a good day!

0 Likes
bingmei

Phone is a piece of junk.  VZW is sending me another Thunderbolt.  This will be my 3rd phone since March.  Best part, it will be another refurbished phone (same as #2) even though I paid for a NEW phone. 

Thunderbolt should be renamed to Thunderdon't.  Buyer beware.

0 Likes