Is anyone else having issues with 4G/5G just not working despite a full signal?
Brianzz
Enthusiast - Level 2

In about 1/3 of my city despite having 3 to 5 bars on the signal the mobile data will not connect to anything. All of my internet connected apps log me out every time I go into this area, it's really aggravating, this isn't a small isolated area either, probably 30 to 50 square miles. No matter what band I'm on, 4G or 5G, nothing works at all until I leave that specific area.

I would expect this in the outlying, poor signal, areas of the city, but this is in town in a highly populated area. I've verified with multiple other VZW users that also have the same problem, so I've eliminated it being device related.

Clearly a VZW issue and there's no way at all to email Verizon a map of the area highlighting the problem zones so they can send a tech out to figure out what's going on, but I'm sure they are aware of it since there's a Verizon store right in the middle of it. I would stop in the VZW store to report the issue but, per my previous experiences there, they clearly work on commission and make nothing on technical issues.

Seriously considering dumping VZW for another, more reliable, provider.

Re: Is anyone else having issues with 4G/5G just not working despite a full signal?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Brianzz wrote:

In about 1/3 of my city despite having 3 to 5 bars on the signal the mobile data will not connect to anything. All of my internet connected apps log me out every time I go into this area, it's really aggravating, this isn't a small isolated area either, probably 30 to 50 square miles. No matter what band I'm on, 4G or 5G, nothing works at all until I leave that specific area.

I would expect this in the outlying, poor signal, areas of the city, but this is in town in a highly populated area. I've verified with multiple other VZW users that also have the same problem, so I've eliminated it being device related.

Clearly a VZW issue and there's no way at all to email Verizon a map of the area highlighting the problem zones so they can send a tech out to figure out what's going on, but I'm sure they are aware of it since there's a Verizon store right in the middle of it. I would stop in the VZW store to report the issue but, per my previous experiences there, they clearly work on commission and make nothing on technical issues.

Seriously considering dumping VZW for another, more reliable, provider.

You might identify the zip code where the issue is happening.  I'm sure when you report this, an agent will ask where you're located.  Did you also verify that the other users experiencing the issue have different make/model phones as you?  Might also help to identify what make/model phone you have.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Re: Is anyone else having issues with 4G/5G just not working despite a full signal?
Brianzz
Enthusiast - Level 2

The other VZW subscribers have a variety of devices android and apple, my device is a note 20 ultra. I've tried with 5G disabled and enabled, same problem, same area. I tried chatting up support last night but they just ignored me the whole time and acted like it was my device issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having service where you need it most is crucial and we don't want to see you leave, Brianzz. I'd like to learn more about the issues you are experiencing in order to get you the service you deserve. When did you begin to notice an issue in the local area? Can you please provide the zip code where these issues are occurring? What is happening when it comes to calls and texts? Sorry about the current issues but looking forward to helping and finding a lasting resolution. -Chris

Brianzz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Cleveland, TN 37312

No effect on voice calls/texts (unless you're sending a photo with the text)

Problem persists within an 8 to 10 mile radius of this location.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

In an earlier post I see that you're using a Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G. To be sure, is that a Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G from Verizon Wireless or perhaps an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G? The reason for asking is that an unlocked device may not work – or may experience limited functionality.

Has service ever worked in that location? 
-David

0 Likes
Brianzz
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was purchased from VZW when it was released.

Per my previous reply, I have spoke to numerous VZW customers, same problem across multiple devices, new/old, android/apple, doesn't matter, no connectivity.

There is a VZW coporate store right in the middle of the problem area that has a repeater erected on top of the building, I guess to get the mobile data to work in the building, so it's clearly a known issue.

Roguedior
Enthusiast - Level 1

No service in queens, NY 11691 since mid September. It's terrible, can't use the phones unless we are using WiFi. Need to change to a new carrier asap. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Reliable service is a must and we are here to help. Allow us to gather a few more details to be on the same page. Exactly what type of issues are you experiencing with your calls, texts and data? Do you recall if anything changed with your device prior to Mid September (new apps or software updates)? ~Vic

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want you to enjoy using your device(s) on our network and your service concerns are our concerns too. Let's work together to address and resolve your service concerns. Can you tell us more about what's happening with your service? How long has this been happening? We'd like to help.-Robert C.

0 Likes