Is there still an outage in Ridgeland/Madison, MS area?
class77

I have had Verizon for about a year. I have an iPhone 5 with LTE and up until Aug. 27, 2013, I had almost no problems with my Verizon service.

On Aug. 27, I was supposed to meet my husband at a store. He finally showed up late and said he had been trying unsuccessfully to reach me. The phone showed no such calls. The store manager(who happened to be waiting on me) asked if I had Verizon. When I said I did, he told me that he had called and Verizon's service in the area was out amd would be restored in later that day per Verizon support. I thought no more about it.

The phone came on later that day but in the weeks since, I have noticed lots of reverberations/echoes where there formerly were none. I had LTE service at my home and now I do not.  The relative strength of the signal seems to have suffered as well.  Could somebody please tell me when the relative levels  will return to "normal"  in this area

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is there still an outage in Ridgeland/Madison, MS area?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi class77,

We want you to have the best service possible! I apologize if there may be issues relating to your service. Let's get this investigated right away. Do you mind sharing your exact zip code? Does this happen in all locations? Do you have more issues indoors than out? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
class77

Matthew, my zip code is 39046. That is a Canton, MS mailing address, but I have

a Madison, MS home phone number. I live halfway in between the two cities.

Yes, it has been happening in most of the areas, but particularly from the north side of Madison to

my home. Speeds seem to be down everywhere.

Lisa Parris

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the info class77. Your patience is very much appreciated. I had the opportunity to check your area and there isn't any network issue reported in zip code 39046. I want to look into this a little deeper for you. Let's start with what iOS and carrier version do you have installed on the iPhone 5? Can I assume that there isn't any liquid or physical damage on the device? If not then try resetting the network settings on the device then retest. Please see link below for steps

http://vz.to/16ZnIy8

Also, please ensure that bluetooth and wifi is turned off in Settings when testing as this may cause the reverberations/echoes. Once you have done so then please post your findings, just in case more assistance is needed.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
class77

Phone is perfect in every way. No damage of any kind, nor has there been any damage repaired.

I believe I have the latest Versions of both Verizon and Apple operating systems.

Running Verizon 15.5 and iOS 7.0.3. Using Speedtest, I just got 63 ping, 8.28 download, .86 up on

2 bars at my home.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

class77, thanks for these details. Perhaps deleting any unwanted information on your device will improve the performance of it. Please uninstall any unwanted applications, text messages, call logs and e-mail. Next, I recommend that you delete the internet history on your device in Settings> Safari > tap Clear History, Cookies, and Data. Finally, you will need to power your device off/on to soft reset it. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes