Is this good business for Verizon?
saintpat_

.I have been a Verizon customer for years.  I have a cell phone, which has hundreds of minutes per month, but I use like 20, 30, 50 minutes a month!  I don't have it except for in the car. I'm 71, and retired, a widow.   I give the number out for almost no one, and it's rarely even on.  However, I do use the Jetpack 890L for my Kindle Fire email and seeing videos from tv programs.   It is $50 a month.  It only lasts two hours before dying and having to be recharged.  I have never gone over those Jetpack  minutes except once in 1year and 7 months.  In other words, I pay but I don't use!   My "contract" is up for upgrade in February 2015, 5 months from now.  The Jetpack 890L is now out of date by a MUCH better MH5291L that is available now.  That new one will last 15 hours!!   I asked if I could get the upgrade now, which Verizon ADVERTISES you can do early.  The customer service woman said I could, but I'd have to do it via technical support.  I was transferred over to ttechnical support, but was refused the upgrade there.  "The transfer of death."    I guess I'm not good enough to upgrade early!!   They offered me a new battery for the old, feeble Jetpack.  Thank you very much!  They also offered -- if that is the word -- for me to pay the retail price for the better Jetpack now.   Honest to God, they've lost a customer they had  for years, who pays over a thousand dollars year after year and uses almost no cell minutes -- for a stinking jetpack that probably costs them $20.   Well, "tell somebody who gives a damn" is their answer.  Mine is, "I'm going shopping for a new phone/jetpack company." 

So, tell me, Verizon community.  Am I a crazed old hag or is this just good business? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is this good business for Verizon?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Saintpat,

We don't want you to feel like you aren't appreciated! We love all of our customers and would do anything that we can for them.  Upgrades is one thing that we do not budge on. The standard upgrade date for all devices is 24 months.

StevenR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you considered purchasing at the full retail price? You can do so at any time and affect your contract date.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
saintpat_

this is a fine statement, Steven R -- "do anything that we can....we do not budge." Go charge your device.

0 Likes
saintpat_

that's a no, thanks. I only stay customers with someone who treats me like a customer. I am not pushed around.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is wrong with buying at full retail price? I missed a word in my previous post. It does NOT affect your contract date. You can change equipment as needed and once your contract ends next year, you will have the option to cancel your line of service without penalty or continue on a month to month contract.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
saintpat_

I'm though with this baloney with Verizon and jetpack -- they persuaded me to leave them. Walmart has Ipad5 for five cents, sometimes -- the last versions. I'll get that, a wifi, and I'll be better off -- Let me explain Ann that I am sometimes in bed for days with deteriorated discs in my back -- up in the bedroom. No cable up there, barely a t.v. That's when I need several hours of web service for my Kindle. Not two, like I'm getting now. It's the thing that I have the Kindle for: sick days. I take my Kindle and jetpack traveling, but frankly, it doesn't work well. If they had let me upgrade -- which, by the way, the company offers as an incentive now -- an early upgrade -- I'd be all right. But they're doing me a favor.

I can now pay that $90 a month (50 and 35 plus tax) for something I can use with another company. It's out there -- I just have to shop. I'll never think Verizon is a company that does anything but disrespect me. Remember -- they told me in customer service this upgrade would be all right -- then in Tech Support, it's not happening. "Won't budge." is the exact term they used for 18 months on this contract, and years and years on the others; but have to wait 24. I know a get lost message when I hear it. I'm taking their 4G advice. Go, go, go, go.

I'm on to AARP with a good article on "You won't believe what Verizon did to this disabled, elderly widow...."

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do hope you reconsider leaving us, saintpat. Although we do not advertize the 2 year upgrades early for Jetpacks, we want to make sure that your device is working properly. Did you end up taking advantage of the offer for the battery you mentioned? We also offer a Verizon Ellipsis Jetpack with 4G LTE service for only $149.99 full retail brand new, or $129.99 as a Certified Pre-Owned device, neither of which would effect your contract term or upgrade eligibility.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes