Re: Is your 4G Out Nationwide
usher

and to think it was just me this morning that was wondering why I wasn't getting data synch on the thunderbolt in the Northern Virginia area. :smileyhappy:

Oh well, just a nice reminder of how reliant we are on technology I guess.

0 Likes
XCore
No access at all today in Columbia, SC
0 Likes
vic867
My samsung hot spot has been down since 8:45 pm last night pst. This has happened to me 3 to 4 days last week and I thought I was in a bad reception area. I called and did not even have a clue they were down.
0 Likes
Neander
Contributor - Level 2

Toughbook; Once again I'm sitting in a Krystal to make a connection I'm NOT getting for $50.00 / month.

I too have to make my living connected to the internet.  We could insist on docking them a piddling $1.32

for the lack of service. The agrivation it might cause their billing dept might give me a little satisfaction.

As of 6:00 PM I'm still not connecting.  If this goes on beyond today, I'm going to try and raise some serious Hell.

0 Likes
sandyinmiami
Mine has been out in Miami since I woke up. I've been on 1X all day...up until 6:24 pm, when I got 3G for about 12 minutes.
0 Likes
kabersch

Mine is out in the Phoenix, AZ area.  I can't connect to 3G or 4G.  I couldn't connect last night either.  The phone said it had a 4G connecton, but I couldn't get connectivity to the internet or any apps.  Now the phone doesn't show any connectivity.

0 Likes
markbyrn

Why is this marked as solved - my Samsung 4G LTE Hotspot is nothing but a paperweight at the moment - not even getting 3G at this point.  What is going on?

0 Likes
TheSchneider

3G seems solid here in Phoenix/Chandler, but 4G has no signs of life yet. Down for the count!

0 Likes
Abel_in_SA

Little after 8:00 pm here in San Antonio...trying to get on since this morning and still no 4G  using the VL600 4G Modem. Getting error message WMC671. I purchased the modem 20 Mar.  Working beautifully till today.   I am kinda relieved its nationwide not just me.  I'm optimistic a patch will get done...we'll see.  Otherwise I see middle-east style uprising.

0 Likes
ZipTurtle
Contributor - Level 1

According to Verizon Support.... 4G Service is out nationwide.  They didnt tell me why it was out, but that it was out.

The outage effect ALL 4G devices, regardless as to whether it is seeing a 4G or 3G signal.  So even though you may like I am, are seeing a 3G signal (Samsung 4G Hotspot), it doesn't work.  BTW, I've never seen a 3G light lit on my device before, but of course it is bogus since it doesn't actually work.

3G only devices are NOT effected.  So if you have a Droid or some other typical phone with 3G, that should be working.

If you have a Thuderbolt... no data as it is a 4G device.

I suspect this has to do with the network that the 4G devices use.  It is Nat'd unlike the 3G devices which have an actual real IP.  I suspect that whatever they are doing, is effecting the network that all 4G devices use, so even 3G doesn't work with them.

0 Likes