Re: Is your 4G Out Nationwide
monkeybuttg

Alright, so crap happens.  If you're not dealing with the lovely Comcast reps, or Dell's support, or the USPS, or any other company for some sort of issue... you must be sleeping.  There will always be issues with everything that we deal with in life, and we shall deal accordingly.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy at all that my new Thunderbolt is basically useless (sure, I can make calls... but I didn't buy this thing for its "call making goodness").  I have not been able to get 3G even after trying the various tips from the web, and the 0.5G (or whatever) is in and out.

So, if VZ can fix this within 24 hours, I'm fine - as long as it's not happening all the time.  When the LTE network is up, there is not a wireless device anywhere that can even come close to the speeds I get. 

Now...  what does anger me more than anything is VZ's complete and intentional lack of communication!!  Almost a full day has passed since the outage occurred and what do we, as paying customers, know?  Not a darn thing... I'm glad to hear that they're "aware of the situation and working on it", but is that not a bit obvious?  I'd be far less upset if they were willing to be upfront with us and share some (not necessarily all) details -- why? how? etc.

Seems a bit odd that a communications company posts a few worthless words on Twitter and thinks that's enough....

0 Likes
duaneret

Currently appears to be restored in Wisconsin....

0 Likes
javylsu

I JUST got 3G connectivity back in Los Angeles - still no 4G however.

0 Likes
ZipTurtle
Contributor - Level 1

4g in Phoenix is back up. Can't realy test 3G since there is no way with the hotspot to force that to test it.  I've never even seen the 3G light come on until earlier today and of course it didn't work.

Ping seems a bit high, but the speeds were in the ballpark of what I've seen in the past.

0 Likes
usher

LTE back online in Fairfax, VA.

Rebooted the phone around 2 AM and it picked up the signal and we're rockin' and rollin' again.

0 Likes
mkd297

Still out in South Carolina this morning

0 Likes
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

Monkey, I don't get this whole Twitter thing and big companies. It's like they are using it to keep there voice be heard, but when something bad happens that is the only place that they release info. Over the Spring Break time  when all those huge storms blew thru, we were down at our lake house at Lake Sinclair. Down power lines, etc, it was a huge mess. The only information and the only to find anything out about getting your power back on was thru Twitter!

Oh well. My Pantech running 3G at the moment is working. I will try the 4G in about 45 minutes.

0 Likes
themorrison

Ok so I have one of the infamous SCH-LC11 modems. It has sucked ever since I got it. I had been getting frequent 4G drop outs, even after upgrading the firmware. As in, I'd still be able to ping the air card, but not any "outside" addresses. The card wouldn't also automatically switch to 3G. I'm guessing this was because it still technically had a 4G "signal", but the traffic wasn't being routed correctly.

Well, as you are all aware, two nights ago at around 2AM the 4G completely cut out. Woke up yesterday morning to discover that the WHOLE 4G network was down, but the card wouldn't even connect to 3G (SIM card registration issue?). I finally got 3G back on my Thunderbold at around 3PM Pacific yesterday. When I got home last night I saw that the air card was on 3G, and the slow speeds confirmed this.

I finally have 4G back on my Thunderbold and air card, and the connection stability seems dramatically improved, as do browsing speeds. HOWEVER, it appears that uploads are capped at around 384kbit. I'm pulling almost 10MBit down, so I know I'm not on 3G.

Anyone else seeing this?

0 Likes
Ms_JT

Still out in SC as of 9:50 AM - no new Twitter updates either, unless I've missed one.

0 Likes
rherman

The WAN side of my MIFI 4510L has always had a 10. private IP since I activated it.  The network is back up and speeds are decent and I now have a public IP on the WAN side.  Things seem to be working better than ever.  I wonder if they have swapped from private to public IPs on the 4G/3G network?

0 Likes