It seems after reading the forum there are speed issues everywhere. Is there a solution to this besides swapping to AT&T?
jstewartiii
Enthusiast - Level 2

I switched from an old plan to one of the rollover plans about 3 weeks before the unlimited plans were available.

Mind you I chose a 50gig plan as I dont have internet available to me at home or where I work.  So I use my phone and tablet as my hotspot for work. Also have a hotspot for the house.  I had the home internet but noticed my speeds went down the toilet when i switched plans so i canceled it.

Now before switching it would only take me a few minutes to download a 300 meg driver update for my laptop.  Now it takes hours.

I would like to know if there are any solutions that will get me back to the 3-10 mbs download speed or is switching to the competition the only option for that?

I know for a fact AT&T will give me those speeds because I borrow a co-workers hotspot on his phone quite often to do some driver updates so I can get them done in minutes instead of hours.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: It seems after reading the forum there are speed issues everywhere. Is there a solution to this besides swapping to AT&T?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jstewatiii, I totally understand your concerns after seeing a decrease in your connection to the network. Your plan has no bearings on the data speeds you experience. We're here to help you resolve this. When did these issues start? What city and state are you experiencing this? Please further explain exactly what happens when using data.

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: It seems after reading the forum there are speed issues everywhere. Is there a solution to this besides swapping to AT&T?
jstewartiii
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand my plan doesn't have anything to do with my speeds. I was just stating it was the plan I went to before the unlimited. It worked great for those 3 weeks or so and then the unlimited plans came in and my speeds went down after that.

I live in Point,LA. Although it doesn't seem to matter where you live since reading the forums it seems it's all over the Nation.

I use my data as my internet. I went from downloading at 3--10 MBS to not even seeing 1 MBS now.

I just think it's funny how all this seemed to start all over the country when the unlimited plans were introduced. It's like instead of waiting until people hit their 22 gig mark and then choking them down, Verizon just went ahead and choked all the network down from the start.

Just my opinion of course

0 Likes
jstewartiii
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well its been almost 10 days since i posted the info you wanted and havent heard anything.

So i am guessing there isnt a solution for the slow data speeds.

I guess its time to inquire about changing carriers.

0 Likes
psf2835
Contributor - Level 1

I totally agree.  My speeds were great for a "non-congested" (as Verizon says) area.  Was averaging 39.50 mbps.  All of a sudden speeds are ranging around 10-12 mbps. Nothing changed in area. Same spot. Something's going on and seems, unfortunately, Verizon is going down hill but rates keep going up.  After phone is paid will be switching.  If the towers can't handle extra, why even hand out unlimited and have others forfeit their speeds for the unlimited people?

0 Likes
jstewartiii
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree 100%

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry for the delay in response, jstewartiii. It’s always our goal to deliver a reliable data experience wherever you travel. 1Mbs is certainly well below the average speeds for LTE data. The average speeds are 5-12Mbps download. I don’t show any reported issues in the area. Do you get the same speeds on all of your devices, or just when using hot spot? What speeds do you get when running a speed test from your mobile phone? Does service improve outdoors?

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jstewartiii
Enthusiast - Level 2

This test was done from my place of work which get about the same signal strength as I get at home.

I will do one from home tonight as well.

This is straight phone.  Will also take a picture of one from my laptop using the hotspot.

Its getting kind of annoying that I have to borrow internet to get stuff done and yet I pay for a phone bill that should allow for me to do anything I need to do.

The thing is....this isnt happening to me just at my home.  It happens every where I go that isnt directly in town with complete full service.

I use to have way better speeds here at work too.

I mean my co-worker who has AT&T can download a 10 gig file in about 6 hours from his hot spot on his galaxy S4 and I cant even download 300 megs in 6 hours on my hot spot from my Droid Z Force.

And it use to be where if took him 2 hours for 2 gigs, I could do 2 gigs in about 45 minutes.

0 Likes