JULY 4th Weekend Verizon Coverage at Lake Gaston was very limited
Diesel_1709

Past weekend (July 4th) Lake Gaston (Easton Ferry Crossing/Food Lion area) was a Verizon Black Hole.  We got some connection - AT NIGHT.  could not make calls and definitely could not get internet coverage during the day.

We have a Verizon MIFI device which we have very successfully used at the lake from our home before - this weekend it was completely useless.

Traveled down lake towards the dam (closer to the tower) with little or no change

I understand that the weekend might have been the cause (many more phones in use) but, I also think that there might have been a change or loss of equipment that Verizon needs to investigate.

We are in Spinnaker Point Area - north side - across 903 from the Food Lion.  We used iPhone 5 and 6 and MIFI equipment that are normally VERY good with connection.  We have in the past done computer work via the MIFI from the house.  The past weekend, we could not connect to the internet.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: JULY 4th Weekend Verizon Coverage at Lake Gaston was very limited
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hope you had a great 4th of July weekend Diesel_1709. We want to make sure that you have the signal when you are traveling. I am not familiar with that area, what is the zip code? Have you tried it since the 4th of July weekend has passed? What is the make/model of your Wi-Fi?

AmberF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Diesel_1709

Zip is 27850

We have not been back since the weekend

Mifi Jetpack 6620L

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Diesel_1709

We were at Lake Gaston again over the weekend.  Our Wireless Hotspot pulled in some signal, but the bandwidth is very limited to a year ago...we could easily conduct detailed business on the Web.

Now - we can do web browsing with limited bandwidth sites - heavy bandwidth sites (video) are unable to function.

Phone capability is limited...better phone service now over 4th of July weekend (less users, I think).  Text worked and email worked.  Facebook by phone was not workable.

Strongly recommend Verizon review the area and coverage - something is definitely different from a year ago.  I suspect equipment disconnect or equipment interference from newly installed other equipment.

As currently operational - Verizon service is not workable for us at Lake Gaston.....we have stuck with Verizon specifically because of the service at the lake...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Diesel_1709,

Thank you for following up with the additional information. We pride ourselves on making sure we have the best network. I have sent you a Private Message to reply to so we can discuss this in further detail. 

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Diesel_1709

jenelleR_VZW

Can you (or someone from VZW) call me land line at [removed]

I would like to get more information on what can be done to improve Verizon service in the Lake Gaston area before I pursue other service options.

Personal information removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to get your services up and going Diesel. I do see Jenelle has sent you a private message. Please send your information there so she can give you a call. Your security is our top priority and that is why we have removed your number.

AmberF_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
christophercac

the coverage here at my college is so bad that we are constantly roaming and we have to take a 45 minute drive just to get signal there are 147 students here with the same issue

0 Likes
christophercac

the coverage here at my college is so bad that we are constantly roaming and we have to take a 45 minute drive just to get signal there are 147 students here with the same issue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for bringing your wireless concern to our attention christophercac. Let's partner together and look into options for the coverage issue that you speak of. Let's start with what zip code are you having issues in? Is your service effected indoors, outdoors, or both? If you can provide the details along with the make/model device that you have then we can proceed.

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes