Re: LTE Expansion in Fort Myers, FL never occurred as planned
Michial

My concern is when you look on the LTE map up close in my area it's all shaded in deep red as though it has LTE everywhere. However it's only one to two bars. They may consider that good enough since its shaded in acc. To the map. 3G is also shaded in a lighter red but I get four to five bars. Hopefully Verizon will make the LTE match the 4-5 bars of 3G reception to 4-5 bars of LTE. I doubt it. Once the map shows there's LTE that's good enough technically speaking for them. I bet they are done in Ft myers. I hope not.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
technomaniac99
Enthusiast - Level 2

My thoughts exactly. Hoping their standard of signal isn't as low as what

we're seeing. Else I'll be on Att mid 2013

0 Likes
Not applicable

technomaniac99 wrote:

Brian68, what would explain in a few areas of Fort Myers, when I have full

bars -86dbm and still barely get 2Mb down? Consistently.

Lots of users using the network. This is why you can't have unlimited data. It wouldn't take that many people constantly streaming video to grind the network to a halt. Once Verizon starts incorporating the spectrum they recently acquired from the cable companies and re-farms their 3G and 2G spectrum and has devices that are capable of receiving those signals that won't as much of an issue.

0 Likes
technomaniac99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Though it's consistently 2Mb down. I don't believe it's too congested.

0 Likes
Not applicable

could be your location. I'm in a different part of the country but I just tested my connection 4G 3 bars 100 dBm. So FAR worse signal than yours and I got 22 Mbps down, 4 Mbps up. This is pretty common for me here.

0 Likes
technomaniac99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Something behind the scenes must not be fully utilized yet. I suppose.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I'm sure not every tower in your area has been upgraded to 4G. I'd look for improvements over the next several months. My area has 1/40th the population of Lee County so yea far fewer people using 4G in my area. Might explain some of the issues.

0 Likes
technomaniac99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sounds like you might be saying the tower could have LTE frequencies but

the back end might night be fully upgraded to deliver the speeds?

0 Likes
Michial

I wish there was a more technical forum where one could find out about these things.

0 Likes
Michial

Brian,

Lee County here is a giant old people colony. Probably 7 out of 10 people are over 60. I dont think high traffic is our problem here. I used to live near Seattle when way more people, younger and tech saavy, and the speeds were insanely higher. Im surprised Lee Cty has cell service at all. lol

0 Likes