LTE Home Internet Latency and drops - ticket status
Wulfy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I have had an ongoing issue with my lte home internet having constant drops and now high latency. I have opened my second ticket on this which I was told was a priority 1. It has been 48 hours and have only gotten the generic text at the 24 hour mark. This is absolutely unusable and I have already paid for a disconnect of our old service. I really need someone to fix this. You guys sent me like 10 emails with offers for this service when we got it and it's been garbage since like the 2 week mark. How do I get a status on this and why is a pri 1 taking so long?

Re: LTE Home Internet Latency and drops - ticket status
Wulfy
Enthusiast - Level 2

"next update within 24 hours".... 36 hours later....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ensuring that you've been kept up to date on the status or your ticket is very important. As a valued customer, your concerns are our concerns. Have you been kept updated? -Robert C.

0 Likes
Wulfy
Enthusiast - Level 2

No I have not without taking action myself. I called in on friday again and got a tech support person to look into it. He called me back on saturday and let me know the ticket was sent to the wrong team and they just closed it out because nothing was wrong from their perspective. He rerouted it to the right team, so I guess we will see if they do anything. 

I am seeing nearly 100ms from my modem to the next hop address and then from your miami egress point to anything west another 100ms added to it. Until this started last week I was seeing ~90ms to stuff in los angeles and san diego. Today those are 200ms or more. 

0 Likes
ssteal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Read this. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/comments/reby42/lte_home_internet_high_ping_160ms/

Having same problem I looked where my ip address is and its 5 or 6 states away.  My lte phone ip address is very close.  In that link a guy having same problem but after it started picking closer geolocations for ip his latency went down to 30-40 ms.  My phone gets 20ms and my gateway 100-150.   For 3 days I was getting same as my phone on the gateway and then I hooked a replacement they sent me  and as soon as it fired up I was back at over 100ms