Re: LTE Home Router Firmware Update appears to cause disconnections
Dsmize2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support  we have tried all of the trouble shooting steps listed for this device in your step by step trouble shooting. its 100% a firmware issue. Please escalate this issue ASAP! 

_jay_
Enthusiast - Level 3

Glad to see this thread getting some traction.  I was told that was the only way it would get attention and fixed.

The modem leaves a lot to be desired in general - I will ask again, any third party options supported? 

Forced updates, no bridge mode, cant restart remotely.  😞

@vzw_customer_support   Where are we at?  Whats next?

For those having issues, I have noticed if I don't have something plugged into the second LAN port I get a little longer time between required reboots.  This works OK for me as my real network infrastructure is behind the single LAN port.  

I had a single CISCO AP hanging off the second LAN port for work that seemed to cause shorter windows between reboots. 

Tags (2)
Dsmize2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

@_jay_  unfortunately for us this issue seems to be random. Sometimes we can go 8 hours without it freezing. Then we reset and it goes out in 15 minutes. Then the next time a couple hours. Really frustrating experience after 3 months of working flawlessly. We need to be able to rollback to the previous firmware. Idk why that isn't an option. 

Tags (1)
Bootylactin
Enthusiast - Level 3

@_jay_ if you haven't already, you can "fake" a bridge mode by putting your own router in the DMZ.  I need to submit a post with instructions on how to do this; I had started another thread weeks ago asking about bridge mode when I "solved" it with the DMZ.

And speaking of Traction, I think it would help if everyone who's responded to this thread (and those experiencing the same problem who haven't posted) smash the "I'm having this problem too" on the first post.  Maybe that will get some more eyes on this.

Dsmize2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

@_jay_  and @Bootylactin  have either of you gotten anywhere with support on the phone? I am talking to them right now and to be honest they seem pretty clueless sigh....

Bootylactin
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Dsmize2011 weeks ago, I jumped through the support hoops you're currently in when seeking an answer on bridge mode.  The lower tier tech support has no idea about this service/equipment, let alone some of the more advanced topics we're discussing here.  

Eventually I was forwarded up the chain to a tech (his name was Gilbert) who was specifically assigned to the Home Internet service.  He knew what bridge mode was, and fully understood what I was trying to do and why (I've got two Asus ZenWiFi AX routers wired together with an ethernet backhaul that allow our WiFi network to be strong throughout our entire house).

Keep asking for someone specific to Home Internet.  It took multiple attempts but eventually I got there. 

0 Likes
Dsmize2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Bootylactin  I'm working with someone specifically from the home internet department. She said when the firmware update it cleared out some of the information on the router so she filled that back in and it might fix it ? Time will tell.. will update as I know more 

Bootylactin
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Dsmize2011 is this something we can do ourselves, or will it require that everyone with this problem call Verizon's Home Internet techs?  I have to believe pushing a firmware update would be a better (and faster) solution here than a bunch of customers with non-functional equipment that have to call tech support.

Dsmize2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Bootylactin  - no idea unfortunately... I have her scheduled to follow up later today and we will continue going through the hoops if it doesn't resolve the issue. She said it could also be sim card related and has a new one being shipped out today. Will update as I know more. 

0 Likes
_jay_
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Bootylactin , thanks I saw the DMZ solution - its frustrating to me we have to do a work around.

0 Likes