Re: LTE Home Router Firmware Update appears to cause disconnections
jadmire
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been happening to me the last 3 or 4 days nonstop and very frustrating. Any updates that you've heard of

krayton
Enthusiast - Level 2

updating people, seems like the best solution so far to reduce the disconnections is just using the wifi. dont use any LAN connections.

I havent gotten around to testing things or playing with settings, but last I found anytime a computer reconnected to the hub, it would cause everything to disconnect

_jay_
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Fastmopar , I haven't canceled yet (tomorrow), I will update with what happens.

I suspect they are going to try and mess me with the modem costs.  I plan to try to send it back for credit on the basis of the firmware and service issues. 

As a last resort, I will try to sell it on ebay.  I also have the antenna, so hoping thats incentive for someone to buy (might be hard with the promos of a free modem with sticking around for 24 months - who knows).

Joe48005
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw Verizon when are you going to correct this problem!  It's been a month already!  Has anyone had any reliable updates of when this will be corrected?

jadmire
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was on with level 2 support and they tried calling the manufacturer to get an update. They were put on hold, then they dropped her from the line. All that I was able to confirm was that “the manufacturer is aware”, but after hour+ on chat and phone with @vzw, no eta for resolution. What’s more concerning is that this forum knows more about the issue than anyone I’ve ever spoken to at Verizon. I’ve spent 3 hours on troubleshooting and waiting on hold the last 4 days, and no one mentioned this until I found this forum and I was able to articulate this to the support team. 

Zjp57
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same experience here. I spent half a day last week on the phone. In the end "a ticket was filed". I am still amazed that Verizon dares to post basic questions in this forum as well in my personal submission. They even closed my personal issue submission "as resolved" when I didn't reply for 2 days that they "need more information". I got that question now about 20 times. I am every time asking again what they need, just to get another meaningless reply. I am not sure why they want to make all of us so frustrated rather than posting a meaningful update in this post. Guess they don't care about business.

0 Likes
cheesecheddar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same exact issues here.  We've had the device for a little over a month now and at some point in mid-November we've been experiencing constant connectivity issues.  Have to reset the device at least 5-6 times per day, more if devices are plugged into the LAN ports on the device. Indicator lights on the front of the device are always green, but no connection is available (wired and wireless). 

I've been on the phone with support for hours and my most recent call resulted in shipment of an antenna, but I have serious doubts that this will fix the issue.  As many have said, it seems as thought it's an issue with the router or firmware.  Please help!

cheesecheddar
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have the same issues with our LAN ports.  We experience occasional connection issues when nothing is plugged into the LAN ports, but nearly constant connection issues when any device is plugged into the LAN ports.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Goose273, we are concerned to hear you are having trouble with your LTE service. May we ask what ZIP Code you are encountering problems? Have you had working service since setting up the router?

-Joshua

0 Likes
_jay_
Enthusiast - Level 3

And the unbelievable customer service sh*t show continues.  VZW Joshua did you not read any of this thread.  These have to be bots posting based off of key words.

---

On another note, cable has been reinstalled as planned.  As expected @vzw had no problem canceling my service and wouldn't budge on the device.  I understand I am out of the return period, but the device is the root of my problems. 

Oh well, I will get my value out of the device by turning every person I can away from this particular service.  <evil laugh> Bahahahahaha </evil laugh>

God speed to the rest of you.  If anyone is interested in a modem, PM me - I can also include the antenna - make me an offer.