Re: LTE Home Router Firmware Update appears to cause disconnections
_jay_
Enthusiast - Level 3

SIM related.  LOL.

I've had everything thrown at me from bad service to resetting to default (that doesn't get rid of firmware).  I even got a new modem shipped out - worked great all night until it update the firmware in the early morning.  A few hours later, it was dead.

One tech who was trying to help was trying to send me the 5G modem, but the system wouldn't let him as 5G service is not in my area.

0 Likes
Goose273
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the same issue, currently waiting on a callback.  Hopefully, they will update the firmware soon.  We have been using this service for just over a month and it is far better when working than the DSL we are able to get from a local company.  

Bootylactin
Enthusiast - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support can you please get these messages through to your Home Internet engineering team?  It's tedious for customers to have to wade through the lower tiers of tech support to eventually wind up talking to someone who "might" know what's going on here.

Engineering needs to be working on pushing out firmware that "unbreaks" what the current version has broken.  At this point literally rolling back to the previous version would be an easy fix.  Slap a new version number on the old code and push it.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Vflkp1659, we are here to help! Are you still having this problem? Please respond to our Private Note so we can take a closer look! ScottD_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you get the assistance you need with your router concerns, _jay_. Could you please clarify which list you are referring to? Please send us a Private Note, at your earliest convenience, so we may offer more account specific support. 

CheyenneS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, Dsmize2011. Our apologies that this has been your experience. Help is here. To confirm, have you received the SIM card that you previously mentioned? Did you receive the follow-up that you were referring to?

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dsmize2011, it sounds like you got a hold of the correct department. We are confident they will get tot he bottom of everything for you. Please let us know if you come across anything else. Keep in mind, you can always reach our support teams directly at:

https://www.verizon.com/support/contact-us/

- ChristineK_VZW

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to review this for you, please meet us in a Private Note. 

0 Likes
_jay_
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was referencing everything your reps had me walk through.  @vzw_customer_support PLEASE just escalate this issue and STOP giving us level 1 info.  It's the firmware that is the problem.  Not the SIM card, not our service, not this or that that.

lakehome
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am a new user of LTE Home Internet. I installed on 11/12. I have the same firmware release. I love the speed when it is running well. But have been disappointed with the consistency of the network. Maybe my disconnections are the same issue. I am near the end of my free period and thinking about returning it. Should I keep it and wait on the disconnection issues to be corrected in a firmware update?