Re: LTE Home Router Firmware Update appears to cause disconnections
Zjp57
Enthusiast - Level 3

It’s 9am and the router already hang already 5 times. Even did yet another factory reset and it did hang within 15 minutes. Another struggling day thanks to Verizon. Any light in this dark tunnel Verizon?  A meaningful update to all of us would be really welcome. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

macprodude, we definitely want to ensure you are able to use your router to its proper capability, and will be resolving the known issue with the next software update that will be coming out shortly. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and greatly appreciate your patience while this is getting sorted out. 

Stanley_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're glad to hear that the issue with your router has not resurfaced since completing this step, RLF_1962. Please let us know if the issue comes back up and we will be more than happy to troubleshoot this further to ensure that a permanent resolution is found. BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
dcz108
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is great to finally hear some acknowledgement from Verizon that it is a "KNOWN ISSUE", and it will be "resolved with the next software update".   Ours was getting so bad that I recently built a Raspberry Pi -controlled internet monitor.  It automatically trips a relay to reset the modem once it senses the drop offline (~ping).  This type of hack should not be necessary and is certainly not a sustainable solution.  We need this software update to be released ASAP.

RLF_1962
Enthusiast - Level 3

dcz108 you are correct it's crazy that anyone should have to go to that extreme to keep a router working... But what a great fix that's AWESOME!!! Leave it to the Raspberry community very long and they will find a work around. I love it!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Zjp57, we want to ensure you obtain the assistance you need. We do have a dedicated LTE Home Router Internet Support team. They do not monitor the threads on our Community forums pages but they can assist you with any issues experienced. That team is strictly available by phone by calling 800-922-0204 and entering in the number for your LTE Home Router unit as it appears on your bill. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional details. At the moment, I do not see any issues in your area, but would like to further look into this. Please power off your device completely, wait two minutes then turn it back on again.

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, S99klein. We know how much you depend on your home connection during these difficult times. We appreciate all the troubleshooting that you have done with us during the calls. We are currently working on resolving this issue with a software update that will be coming shortly to your device. In the meantime please continue to power cycle your equipment to get you reconnected. VianeyP_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RLF_1962,

I'm glad that has helped for now at least as our goal is always to make sure you have a great working device. Does the service continue to work well for you?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
amandacons
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue and have had to resort to using my verizon mobile hotspot to be able to work.  Unfortunately, that service is data capped so I blow through it pretty quickly when I can't work due to the firmware issues with the LTE 4G service.  What do I have to do to get the software update to fix the problem?