Re: LTE Home Router Firmware Update appears to cause disconnections
jmnorr3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I haven't since most recent firmware update. Will try again and see how it goes.

0 Likes
S99klein
Enthusiast - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support 

I had and I just tried again and it has done nothing to improve the constant ping failure.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you seen any improvement since the latest software update, jmnorr3?

0 Likes
jmnorr3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just reset the sim card this morning and will see what is happening the next few days. Up until now I am still getting daily dropouts but it seems to connect again pretty quick. Kind stinks if your streaming something. 

0 Likes
jmnorr3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Reset SIM this morning and already had dropout. Nothing changed with new firmware. Do you guys have release notes on the new firmware?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for confirming and for trying the SIM removal. What lights do you have on the router? Where do you see the message or error with ping? 

0 Likes
S99klein
Enthusiast - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support 

So, what's Verizon doing to fix these problems again? My service is nearly unusable at this point because I get no stability with the internet despite a 4-5 bar connection strength that doesn't fluctuate. I can see that the service is dropping pings regularly when I run a continuous ping in a command window. I can somewhat stream things because they buffer enough, but it's unusable for video conferencing and web browsing because it seems whenever a webpage needs to make a connection it seems to stall the service and drop out. This wasn't happening 3-4 weeks ago, but prior to the latest firmware release, something was changed on verizon's side that caused this instability because it wasn't directly related to the firmware update on the device because that happened AFTER I was already having these issues. 

Tech support is blaming the software or my weak signal. I don't believe it's either frankly as my signal strength is strong and stable. This also isn't happening just when I have a weak signal. And since the service was working then stopped working before the firmware update, that feels like something on the Verizon server side. 

I'm sure this post won't get me anywhere, but without this service I really have no other options that will work for my needs so I NEED this to work. Verizon, PLEASE figure this out. I'm paying $70/mo for nearly nothing as I'm tethering to my ATT phone most of the time to have reasonable service. Fortunately I get unlimited data with that through my employer, but that doesn't supply the other 3 people in my house with needed internet for school and work. 😞

anyone else having similar issues?

Scott

0 Likes
jmnorr3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I have been having problems constant dropoiuts daily now and latest firmware hasn't helped at all.

Verizon support does not talk to me anymore so I don't know what to do. My options are limited in North Georgia. VERIZON please help us, I don't need to go through everything that has been done, it's all in this forum. 

It should be a cash cow for Verizon but I won't recommend to anyone until it gets fixed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jmnorr3, we apologize for the issues you've been having with your device. As a consumer, I know how crucial it is for you to be able to use your service and we want to help you. 

When did the issue begin? You mentioned that you've reached out to us about this issue. What solution did we provide? 

JacobG_VZW 

0 Likes
RLF_1962
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon LTE Home Internet Software Update | Verizon
https://www.verizon.com/support/lte-home-internet-update/

Not sure if this is what you're looking for? I can't seem to get my router to update to latest 211114 release it keeps failing update. And based on this blog about it not sure it would help anyways. 😕

0 Likes