LTE Home internet bridged
Ricks808
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is it possible to put a LTE Home internet router / modem into bridged mode?
Thank you

Re: LTE Home internet bridged
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Ricks808. We want you to enjoy the benefits of your LTE Home Internet router, so thanks for contacting us. Could you clarify what you're wanting to do with your router? We're here to help.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
Ricks808
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

I want to use my own router behind the LTE Home Internet router.  I would like to disable network address translation ( NAT ) on the LTE home device and have it operate in bridged or passthrough mode so that all NAT is handled by my router.

Bootylactin
Enthusiast - Level 3

I attempted to get this resolved through online chat, but the agent gave me an advanced technical support number instead.  They'll be calling me back tomorrow; if I get any joy I'll report it here.

I also found this, but haven't tried it yet.  It is an older post (from 2017), but perhaps it might work for us.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Broadband-Netbook-Archive/Do-New-Router-Models-Have-Bridge-...

0 Likes
Bootylactin
Enthusiast - Level 3

After going through 3 different Tier 1 agents, I finally spoke with a gentleman in Tier 2 by the name of Gilbert who immediately knew exactly what we are trying to do.  Unfortunately for now this device doesn't support bridge mode, however he's sent a question to engineering to find out if this is on the roadmap and will potentially be pushed with a software/firmware update in the future.  When he hears back he's going to text me with details.

I'm going to try the DMZ solution I linked above, I'll report back here with results when I'm done.

0 Likes
Bootylactin
Enthusiast - Level 3

Putting my personal router in the LTE Home Internet DMZ worked wonderfully.  When I have more time I'll try to come back and post here with step by step instructions.

0 Likes
bennettdarren
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for posting about this.  I'm going to try with my own router this weekend so would love to know the steps used.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional details, Ricks808. We do not recommend making any changes to your router to disable your network address. Is there a certain reason you want to make these changes?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure your device is set up exactly as you see fit and within the parameters of it's intended use, Bootylactin. I can confirm the device does not support this function but if there is any further information, you will be notified. Is there an issue with the current set up that we can help with?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bootylactin, thank you for the feedback on the options for this issue. 

0 Likes