LTE- San Francisco- Speeds are horrible
t2mobile
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I first got a VZ 4GLTE jet pack, I replaced my home internet over a year ago. I was getting speeds of over 10Mb/ 2Mb up at my home in the Haight area of SF 94117. The last 3 months speeds have been horrible.  I've tested speeds in different parts  of the city using Root metrics and Speedtest.net on both my Jetpack and my HTC DNA phone.  I now receive  1-2Mb/1 if I'm lucky.  From July 18th-yesterday  I was averaging 384K and for half of sunday not getting any speeds.

My performance in downtown SF  has also deteriorated. I rarely get anything above  3Mb from my office on Pine and Front. Why am I paying a premium  for Vz LTE . I've been getting the same performance as Sprint's 3G.  Many of my peers in tech share the same frustration at Vz's lack of capacity planning for LTE.  Please advise on what is being done.

Thank You

Mike

Labels (1)
Re: LTE- San Francisco- Speeds are horrible
chronoglass

just want to add my .02 here.. I'm getting exactly the same at market and beale.

i really think the area is just over sold/saturated and they really need to do some upgrades to handle it.

0 Likes
whootang12
Enthusiast - Level 3

Duplicate post - please see:
https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1019014#1019014

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
gendudr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Live in SF, used to love VZ, now they are pretty bad especially on weekends. Their claim of the best network are not true. Maybe time to jump ship. They charge so much for so little in a key market. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!

0 Likes
Tenfield

I have terrible speeds and dropped calls at my home at Hayes and Fillmore. I called and they told me to enable wifi calling. I did that so I could call AT&T to switch to my wife's plan. Adios @verizon

0 Likes