LTE Slow since June 2021 in Summit to Newark, NJ Area
Johnabdl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since June 2021, LTE has been so slow as to be useless in the area between Summit, NJ and Newark, NJ. 

I have an Unlimited data plan.

I have followed all Verizon recommended steps to reset networking on my phone, with no result. 

I have recently spoken to many people at my work who report the same problem. 

This is not a matter of individuals’ devices or data throttling–when the service is slow, you can’t use much data! 

This is obviously a system problem.

If you’re experiencing the same issue for several weeks to months, in the same and/or adjacent areas, speak up and let Verizon know. 

Re: LTE Slow since June 2021 in Summit to Newark, NJ Area
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Johnabdl, we value your loyalty and we understand the importance of making sure you have the services you need. Allow us the opportunity to investigate this matter. Does your service concern happen primarily indoors or outdoors? How far do you have to travel to receive a consistent connection? May we have the Make/Model of your device? -Sylvia

0 Likes
Johnabdl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Each workday, I travel on a NJ Transit train between Madison, NJ and Newark, NJ. You easily see this train toute in a map. 

The LTE signal consistently gets weak to useless between Summit, NJ and Newark, NJ, along this train route. 

It is also consistently weak within at least a quarter mile radius of the NJ Transit train station at Broad Street Newark. 

The signal’s WEAKNESS is RELIABLE. 

OK? 

My device is an iPhone 6s Plus with iOS 14.8. The many others reporting the SAME problem in an area that INCLUDES the area I defined use many different devices, so I don’t know how that’s going to help you to figure this out. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details, let's dig a little deeper. Which Unlimited plan do you have? Do you experience the issue when you are not in this area? The service quality can definitely be affected while traveling on a train as the radio waves are transmitted and/or blocked by the train.  -Yani

0 Likes
Johnabdl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Plan: Unlimited 55+ Loyalty 

For someone who wants to “dig a little deeper”, you don’t read carefully, having missed this in my post of October 20, 

It is also consistently weak within at least a quarter mile radius of the NJ Transit train station at Broad Street Newark.” 

I’m well aware of what inhibits a signal. 

I’ve had this plan since October 2020, and did not have this poor service until June 2021. The service in the area indicated was fine until then. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your service concerns are always our concerns too. hearing that you're experiencing signal issues since June 2021 within a quarter mile radius of the NJ transit Train Station at Broad Street, in Newark, NJ (Zip code 07102), is not the experience we ever want for you.

Although some customer's signal may be impacted while riding the trains, let's dig deeper into this matter to get it resolved.

Have there been any recent changes with your Device? (e.g., software update, new apps downloaded, recent SIM Card change, etc.) Are you experiencing service issues while you're inside, outside the train station, or both? Please reboot your phone while we're troubleshooting together. Thanks!

-Robert C.

0 Likes
WhyBADservice
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing happening to me and several people here in Northwest Florida. Started not working only on Saturday and Sunday like clockwork. 

0 Likes
WhyBADservice
Enthusiast - Level 2

Doesn't matter if it's indoors or outdoors. My issue is it happens every Saturday and Sunday for me and everyone in my area. 32570 I can drive 25 minutes down the road an it'll work though. Almost as if Verizon is purposefully targeting areas to limit data. Which we all known it's ILLEGAL TO THROTTLE

0 Likes
Johnabdl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’ve rebooted my phone numerous times since June 2021. It has also had iOS system updates. 

None of these has affected the slow LTE one way or another. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We feel your need for speed, Johnabdl. Rebooting the phone is an excellent step to take. We would like to get a better idea of the speed you are experiencing. Please use speedtest.net or some similar speed test app and share a screenshot of the results.  -George

0 Likes