LTE Unlimited Data? will I get it later?
schroedess26

I am wondering if I am understanding something correctly. I talked to 2 different reps but not sure they understand what I am asking. Here is the situation.

1.) I am a new customer that will be signing up in the next week or so.

2.) Getting 1400 voice+text most likely family share plan

3.) getting just 1 year service plan before it is taken off the market

4.) when choosing the phone here is where I have problems

I have two options ahead of me.

a.) Get the Thunderbolt and have unlimited LTE for a long time to come

b.) Get a 3g Android but will I get unlimited LTE "grandfathered" in after they go to tiered pricing this summer? That is when I do upgrade to a LTE phone next spring when the 2nd gen LTE phones come out.

I would prefer to go with option B but I do not want to miss out on the LTE unlimited as its the main reason I am switching VZW

So if anyone could help me out here it would be great.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LTE Unlimited Data? will I get it later?
VL600_Boston
Contributor - Level 1

I don't think you can count on any feature beyond the term of the contract.   These are not automatically extending contracts ,with identical terms and conditions,  as may occur in  B-to-B contracts.   If I were Verizon legal, and I'm not,  there is no way I would recommend any long-term provisions for consumers (beyond what laws and regs require).   So,  nothing is "grandfathered".   Verizon, and other providers, simply have a pattern of maintaining a level of service to customers without contracts.  I'm sure there are many rules by  various Federal agencies regarding what can happen at the end of a contract but I doubt anything other than overall similarity is required.      Check out   http://reboot.fcc.gov

http://reboot.fcc.gov/verizon-wireless-fcc-consent-decree-tip-sheet

0 Likes
Not applicable
I agree. However, if you think there is a chance of being "grandfathered" into anything, you better get a 4G now. Buying a 3G will not grandfather a 4G plan.
0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

schroedess26 wrote:

I am wondering if I am understanding something correctly. I talked to 2 different reps but not sure they understand what I am asking. Here is the situation.

1.) I am a new customer that will be signing up in the next week or so.

2.) Getting 1400 voice+text most likely family share plan

3.) getting just 1 year service plan before it is taken off the market

4.) when choosing the phone here is where I have problems

I have two options ahead of me.

a.) Get the Thunderbolt and have unlimited LTE for a long time to come

b.) Get a 3g Android but will I get unlimited LTE "grandfathered" in after they go to tiered pricing this summer? That is when I do upgrade to a LTE phone next spring when the 2nd gen LTE phones come out.

I would prefer to go with option B but I do not want to miss out on the LTE unlimited as its the main reason I am switching VZW

So if anyone could help me out here it would be great.

Please keep in mind that the unlimited data plan price for a 3G and a 4G device is currently the same. If you want to ensure that you will have a 4G device and an unlimited plan for it when 4G is available in your area, I would recommend to get your 4G device now as you will not save any money on the data plan by choosing a 3G device at this time.

Please note that we are not made aware of any data plan changes until such changes are made public and we cannot confirm any future data plan change.

0 Likes