LTE and 3G coverage in El Segundo, CA
mark14

Hello,

We have experienced an odd situation in our area (office location).  Many, if not most, of my coworkers use Verizon Wireless for their personal or work cell phones, or both as is the case with me personally.

We moved to this location in November of 2015.  When we first arrived, the coverage inside the building was awful - we were lucky to see "1X" most of the time.

At some point, the cell reception dramatically improved.  It was a night-and-day, hard-cutover type of switch - we instantly had great coverage one day.

Recently - around the first or second week of January 2017, it has reverted back to its previous, awful state.

We are located near the center of the map in this image which allegedly displays nearby cell towers:

cell sites.jpg

[Removed]

I have an iPhone 5S for both work and personal.  Both are on the most recent version of iOS.  My cell roaming is turned on for data and voice.

Most of the others in my office have iPhones as well, 5, 6 and 7s.  We are all experiencing the same, newly degraded coverage.

The crazy thing is - and I've read this from other folks on this Verizon Community, in our area - is that you can sit at your desk all day, and if the screen is active, you can watch the "cell strength" indicator on the phone go from LTE (one or two bars/circles) to "3G" to "1X".  Occasionally it will go back to LTE and we'll get a bunch of text messages, email, etc.

Something is clearly wrong.

We've all tried various things, like toggling the airplane mode (waiting several second), turning the phone all the way off and back on, etc.  Nothing works to restore the reception that we once had.

I've been with VZ for years including several precursor companies that were acquired.  I want to remain with VZ but I am getting tired of this when our coworkers with ATT are fully functional, sitting next to those of us with VZ phones, dead in the water.

Thanks in advance, looking forward to a reply.

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LTE and 3G coverage in El Segundo, CA
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mark14, We strive to provide the best service and connections everywhere. Losing the connections that you had just gained has to be frustrating. We will work together to get this back to what it was. Is this happening at work, home or both? Is this happening inside, outside or both? Is your data connection the only service affected?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mark14

Hello, thanks for the response.  This is happening inside the office; both voice and data are affected.  Our reception inside the office has regressed/reverted back to as bad as it was when we first moved in, in September 2015.  Around six months after that (sometime around January or February of 2016, I think) the reception inside the office dramatically improved for all Verizon subscribers in the office.

Then recently, about three weeks ago now, the Verizon reception inside the office dramatically fell off to almost nothing.

I had an important call drop (medical emergency - speaking to a family member) yesterday.  Another person visiting the office had similar troubles on Monday this week (two days ago).

The bottom line is that something has changed in our area, recently, for the worse.  We had been enjoying satisfactory reception up until very recently.  One would reason that it would not be very difficult to discern the actual cause of this; it seems like a tower that serves this area specifically has been decommissioned recently.  Can you please confirm or deny this?  Can you please specifically refer me/us to a map displaying towers serving the Verizon network in the El Segundo area?

Outside (physically outdoors) of the office, the coverage that was previously very strong, has once again reverted back to the state it was in circa September 2015.  If we walk a half mile or more from the office location, the signal strength improves.

None of this pertains to reception at home.  I am writing this on behalf of myself and my colleagues in the office here, who also use Verizon.

EDIT:  P.S. - my iPhone 5S battery now rapidly drains throughout the workday, whereas previously it did not (when we had strong signal strength).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mark14, I truly appreciate all the attention to detail that you're providing to us. We want to make sure that you and your colleagues are able to have the stellar service that you've been use to. Service indoors can always be a little tricky due to all the different building material that can be used. Since multiple people are having issues in your office, are you able to provide me with the exact zip code that your office is in? Also, I do apologize, but we don't have access to provide locations of where the cell towers are located at. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mark14

90245.  Cross streets Rosecrans Ave. and Douglas Street.

0 Likes
mark14

Hello,

I am back in the office today (Monday, Feb. 6, 2017 ~ 8:45 am Pacific time) and the cell reception is back to normal.  I currently am showing two bars of LTE and successfully tested iMessage, two way message exchange, plus I sent my wife a picture. 

I'll update this thread if anything changes.  Definitely looks to be much improved as of this morning.

0 Likes