LTE data non-existent in Boone NC on Football Game Days
TOMLUCK

I have been to two Appalachian State University football games this year (September 9 and 23) and both days, LTE data was completely unusable the entire day.  I know that large crowds impact speed, but I did not have this problem in prior years.  If I could get a mobile website to load, it took 10 minutes or more.  It wasn't just my phone;  it affected everyone on Verizon.  Is Verizon aware of this issue, and are there any efforts to remediate it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LTE data non-existent in Boone NC on Football Game Days
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TOMLUCK, having access to LTE is important. We always want to help keep you connected. Let's dive in to help get this resolved. You've mentioned that this issue occurred on both game days. How's the LTE working for you on non-game days at the stadium? How's your data experience on those particular days when you're at other locations besides the stadium? Have calls or texts been impacted during these events as well?

SamanthaT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
TOMLUCK

Thank you for the reply.  When I visit Boone on non-game days, my service is fine.  We spent most of our day at the stadium, but judging from comments by others, service was a problem throughout the downtown area.  We left town about 3 hours after the game concluded;  at that point, service was some better, but still not up to Verizon's usual standards.  My last attempt to use data was about 2 miles from the stadium around 9:30 pm.  Calls and texts worked fine throughout the day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TOMLUCK,

Those are very important details. Congestion can cause temporary concerns. For instance, let's say you are on a busy highway during rush hour. Naturally, you'll reach your intended destination much later than normal. The same thing happens with our network. When there are many users, like on a game day, the experience will be different than what you would experience around 9:30pm. Does that help provide clarity?

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TOMLUCK

Thank you for the follow-up.  I certainly understand the issue with congestion, as I acknowledged in my original post.  In years past, however, the service was acceptable.  Something has changed this year.  Perhaps Verizon should add additional capacity on future dates when large crowds are expected.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TOMLUCK,

That's what we're here for. We appreciate and value your feedback as a gift. We are always reinvesting in our network. How are voice and text services when you are at the stadium?

KatiM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TOMLUCK

Voice and text service seemed to be unaffected and worked fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TOMLUCK, we appreciate you providing us with these details concerning making and receiving calls and text messages in the stadium. Our network teams are always checking in on ways to help improve and expand the network in areas where this is a need. While there is no direct timetable for when these updates will go into effect; our techs are aware and they work together with all the needed parties to help make the above happen. We appreciate your patience, TOMLUCK. Thank you.

NicandroN_VZW

0 Likes
samboski

LTE hasn't worked for at least a year along the 421 corridor from New Market east towards Food Lion.  Some specific places that I visit regularly and am annoyed with lack of LTE/Internet signal are:

1: Brookshire Park: 250 Brookshire Rd, Boone, NC 28607

2: High Country Fairgrounds: 748 Roby Greene Rd, Boone, NC 28607

3: Boone United Trail: 471 New Market Blvd, Boone, NC 28607

4: Most of my daily commute which is from the Greenbriar road area (off Bamboo rd) to New Market area.

It doesn't matter the time of day or time of year or whether there are events happening in the area.  LTE absolutely does not work in these areas.  I can have 5 bar coverage, make/receive phone calls crystal clear, but I can't play a spotify song, send an imessage, or perform a google search/load an email.  These areas are all along the primary road through our area, highway 421.  I have lived and worked in the same area for many years and I used to have perfect service along these areas.  Something has changed here in the last couple of years, I wish I could better identify when it happened but it's been like this a long time and I'm getting fed up.  Unfortunately, there's no better option for service here.  Verizon works in most areas around here but this Boone/East Boone situation is a real problem that needs to be addressed.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes