LTE home Router - High download speeds, but very poor upload speeds
JC2287

Just wanted to check and see if anyone else has had this issue.   After reboot, my router gets approximately 50 MBPS download speeds but the upload speeds are sometimes 1 MBPS or lower which makes video conferencing for work impossible.   During the day,  the Download speed drops to 4-5 MBPS and the upload remains the same.  Reboots tend to get the download speed back to 50.  

So far, I have had 2 routers, 2 antenna's, and countless calls to support which end in the same conversations with level 1 support.   Recently, I had a technician inform me that my internet had been throttled and needs to be brought back to normal speeds of 3300.  That ticket remains open for over a week and when I call regarding the ticket I get level 1 support with the same trouble shooting steps and no one seems to know what to do.   Very frustrating.  Has anyone ever had anyone mention their internet being throttled and how was it corrected?

0 Likes
Re: LTE home Router - High download speeds, but very poor upload speeds
gwbarr
Enthusiast - Level 3

@JC2287   Verizon just this morning pushed out a firmware upgrade to the LTE Home Router that "might" fix this problem as some where having similar problems.  Log into your modem and check for a firmware upgrade and see if it helps.   Good luck!!!

Glen

0 Likes
gwbarr
Enthusiast - Level 3

@JC2287   Should have mentioned that the new firmware version is: 204953

Glen

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JC2287, when working from home we know that these speeds make a huge difference and are sorry to hear that you have been waiting on this for so long. We are happy to review that investigation, would you happen to have the ticket number? You mentioned that you were advised that the line was being throttled, do you happen to know which plan you currently have for this device or how much data has been used? LorenB_VZW  If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jmnorr3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hope the firmware update takes care of constant dropouts. About ready to give it back to them. Been through 2 routers, an antenna and new SIM already.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jmnorr3, this is not the type of experience we would ever want you to have when you use your device. How long have you been having this issue? Did you notice any changes after changing the routers, antenna and SIM cards? 

JacobG_VZW

0 Likes
JC2287

Lauren,

I have been without Internet for a week.   I call support, they open a ticket, tell me someone will call me back, then they never do which results in the same process being restarted.  Being without service for this long is unacceptable.  It seems like no one has an answer.  Nothing has been done in over a week. 

2 tickets I can reference NRB000010383468 and INC004836591 The last gentleman who worked on the ticket was Dave and he has been the least helpful.  He actually said the solution would not work for me and I needed to return despite it working for a month.   My system has not really worked since the update was applied.  My last contact with Verizon was last Wednesday. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A week is way too long to not to have internet, JC2287. I would love to help as much as I can. I will be sending you a private message so we can help you further. AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
JC2287

So is 21 days which is where i am at now.  I responded to the private chat invite, but no one is responding to it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JC2287, 

Sorry for the delay in assisting you with this issue. When did the slow data issues start on your device? What is the operating system of the device connecting to the LTE home router? Are you using an Android, Apple iOS, Macintosh, or Windows device? 

Lasina_VZW

0 Likes