LTE network extender kicks home alarm off
NickCannon

Installed LTE Network extender…almost immediately went from 1 bar to 4 bars on signal. Thought everything was great. Approximately 24 hrs later my alarm would not connect to dispatch. Simplisafe with Verizon for connection. Contacted Simplisafe. First question I asked was if the extender could cause an issue. Was assured it would not a problem. We go through multiple steps to troubleshoot, finally received new alarm module and SIM card. The alarm booted up, was the only connection alarm central could get. I can set alarm with my mobile normally. Would not connect. We go though an hours worth of testing, now another module is on the way. On a whim decided to disconnect the network extender to verify no issues. My alarm immediately connected and is back to normal operations. I really need this extender to work, but unless we can figure this issue out it is a no go. Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
Re: LTE network extender kicks home alarm off
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@NickCannon wrote:

Installed LTE Network extender…almost immediately went from 1 bar to 4 bars on signal. Thought everything was great. Approximately 24 hrs later my alarm would not connect to dispatch. Simplisafe with Verizon for connection. Contacted Simplisafe. First question I asked was if the extender could cause an issue. Was assured it would not a problem. We go through multiple steps to troubleshoot, finally received new alarm module and SIM card. The alarm booted up, was the only connection alarm central could get. I can set alarm with my mobile normally. Would not connect. We go though an hours worth of testing, now another module is on the way. On a whim decided to disconnect the network extender to verify no issues. My alarm immediately connected and is back to normal operations. I really need this extender to work, but unless we can figure this issue out it is a no go. Thanks for any help.

Have you looked at the postings on the SimpliSafe Consumer Forum? Here's one:

Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender disconnects SimpliSafe | SimpliSafe Community

Have you tried WiFi calling instead of cellular via the extender?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: LTE network extender kicks home alarm off
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NickCannon, I am sorry to learn that you are having issues with your home alarm. Is the module in the same room or area as the network extender? 

-Tionna

0 Likes