LTE speeds suddenly very slow
evan_bss

I have had service through Verizon's unlimited plan for 3 months and everything has worked great up until last week. Literally overnight my data speed dropped to the point where it is almost unusable. My speed test is registering at 0.09 Megabits download and 16.2 Megabits upload. This problem began 7/27 and has persisted ever since. I originally thought it was due to exceeding the 22 gig data allowance, but a new billing cycle has begun and the problem is still there. The low speeds are consistent throughout the day, so it does not appear to be an issue with network traffic.  ZIP code is 64804. This connection is the only internet connection I have at home. Any help solving this would be great.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LTE speeds suddenly very slow
SKJDBOBBY

your not the only one with this issue I'm at 20657 and I'm having the same problem but if I go closer so the capital of my county the speed is blazing fast.  and from what I understand Verizon avoiding it all together.  

They only tell people there is no problem or other excuses when I think they either limit bandwith on pourpose or there are just to many people in my area and all the bandwith is used up.  But seeing as I get home around midnight and it still as slow as it was before I'm starting to just blame verizon.  I dought they will keep this customer past 2018

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to enjoy fast speeds wherever you go, and especially at home, SKJDBOBBY. I understand speeds improve as you leave the area. When did this start? I did not see any current alerts in your zip code. How far would you estimate you travel from your home before speeds improve?

I appreciate you ruling out your the 22GB threshold, evan_bss. Have there been any changes to the area since you noticed this change on 7/27/17? As you travel away from this area, how does this impact your data speeds?

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
evan_bss

When I leave my house, it usually improves. A speed test I just did that was across town from my house (about 11 miles from home) was showing 4.97 megabit download and 0.13 megatbit upload. There haven't been any changes that I noticed. However, it might be notable that there was a small thunderstorm that blew through my area around the time this issue started on 7/27.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the helpful information, evan_bss. We're glad to hear data improves when you leave your home. Does anyone else have similar issues when at your home? Any issues with calls or text? What is the make and model of your phone?

DanielleR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
evan_bss

My phone is a Motorola Moto Z2 Play. The calling and texting seems to work fine.My mom has a tablet that she brings that also uses Verizon data and it too has speed issues when at my house.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@evan_bss Interesting. Do you have access to WiFi when your in the household? Can you describe exactly how are you using the Moto Z2? 

JoelD_VZW

0 Likes
evan_bss

I do not have access to wifi at my house. I use the phone as a mobile hotspot  with my PC frequently because of this. I also browse the internet on my phone as well for things like Facebook, Youtube and shopping on Amazon. I usually do not have the hot spot active if I am browsing the internet on my phone. But the speed issue is present regardless of whether or not I am using the hot spot.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Evan_bass,

I wanted ask if you could run the speed test and send the screenshot to us? I want to see what speeds the phone is reading.

VeronicaM_VZW

0 Likes
evan_bss

I can definitely do that:

Screenshot_20170804-142351.png

0 Likes