LTE still slow in parts of Princeton, NJ
NJ_Analyst
Contributor - Level 1

I've been using iPhones for several years and ever since LTE was introduced my data speeds and signal strength have not improved. The areas with slowest data speeds and overall signal strength are inside and outside of the Starbucks on Nassau Street in Princeton, NJ.  Often, I am dropped to 3G or 1X when I use my iPhone 6 Plus. I have frequently dropped voice calls and the only way that I can connect is using the Google WiFi service which is very fast and supports my cable company's VOIP app which is the only way I can make a reliable voice call. In other areas, the connection is better and I am able to make and receive voice calls but my data speeds don't exceed 4 Mbps down and 2.5 Mbps up. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LTE still slow in parts of Princeton, NJ
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NJ_Analyst, I appreciate you reaching out to us and we certainly want you to have the best signal possible. I know how important it is to have relivable service in most areas and we want your phone to work properly. Let's look into this issue and get to the bottom of this. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? Does data speeds improve in other areas? What's the Zip Code where you experience this issue?

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NJ_Analyst
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, my friend has an iPhone and has the same problem.  Yes, data speed improves in other areas.  This seems to be a local issue in Princeton, NJ 08540, espeically on Nassau Street at the Starbucks.

0 Likes
Princeton1208

I am also having this problem and I live in 08540. Between 1-2 Mbps down and less than 1 Mbps up. iPhone 6s. My wife is getting the same speeds.  When not on Wifi the phone is useless.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets dig deeper & get to the bottom of this . Are you noticing these troubles both indoors & outside? How long has it been like this in your area?
BryanS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NJ_Analyst
Contributor - Level 1

As of today, I am noticing that the signal strength in the Princeton Public Library has improved considerably in the last month.  Has Verizon installed another tower or turned up the signal?  Whatever, I can now make a call in an area where I couldn't hold a signal in the past.  Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NJ_Analyst, we are happy to hear that signal has improved in the Public Library. Having reliable service is important. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes