Lag Data / 4G in Columbus Ohio Area 6/8/2011
mikepoint3

Just wondering if anyone else is getting lag in the Columbus area? My thunderbolt normally will zip along, but this morning, it's super slow even though it says it's connected to the 4G network.

I normally get on my Sirius / XM app in morning, but this morning it was so slow the app basically timed out. I'm able to load web pages but, it's spotty and slow. The SpeedTest app won't even work

I haven't heard any from Verizon about the network being down.

I Rebooted, toggled the 4G, did a dance, ect ect.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lag Data / 4G in Columbus Ohio Area 6/8/2011
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
It seems there might be a national issue.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/ThunderBolt-by-HTC/Another-4g-outage/m-p/551582

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MrSin

Same in the Chicago area for me...

HTC Incredible on the 3g network

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Community Members,

I do apologize for the delayed response.  Are you all back up and running now?  If not please let me know so I can further investigate.  Thank you. 

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

mikepoint3 wrote:

Just wondering if anyone else is getting lag in the Columbus area? My thunderbolt normally will zip along, but this morning, it's super slow even though it says it's connected to the 4G network.

I normally get on my Sirius / XM app in morning, but this morning it was so slow the app basically timed out. I'm able to load web pages but, it's spotty and slow. The SpeedTest app won't even work

I haven't heard any from Verizon about the network being down.

I Rebooted, toggled the 4G, did a dance, ect ect.

Hi mikepoint3,

No network issues exist in the Columbus area. Try clearing the CACHE, as this has resolve similar data issues for other customers. For detail instructions please visit the link below:

Clear CACHE on HTC ThunderBolt

0 Likes
OWUaaronTSi

I've noticed an increasingly slower 4g speeds over the past couple months aside from the outages.  I started out with 4g on my Thunderbolt getting 14-25Mbs Download, then went to 5-6.  Now I'm at 3.2 on average and upload is only 179kbps and phone is showing 4g full bars.  Also tested with a 4g mifi and got 2.6 Mbs download and 77kbps upload.  ping has been a consistent 100-130 average though.  Is this going to continue to slow?

--edit-- also I have a replacement Thunderbolt with the same speeds

0 Likes
br27125
I am receiving alot of service issues in the southwest Columbus Ohio area. Dropped calls, no signal, lagging signal, poor connection. When I bring it to Verizon customer service, it's a run around and nothing accomplished. I feel there is nothing I can do short of dropping them. Tired of poor service and customer care...
0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello br27125,

There are a lot of factors that we take into consideration when there are service issues. Location is one of the factors as well as the device being used. Below, I have some questions so I can better understand the root cause so I can customize a solution for you. If you would be so kind as to reply with the answers then that would be great!

• How many bars of signal is displayed on the device in the problematic location?
  • Were you ever able to use the phone previous without any problem at the location in question?
  • Does you experience these issues indoors, outdoors, or both?
  • Do the dropped calls happens when making or receiving calls?
  • Is the issue with the same number when happening?
  • What part of the southwest Columbus, Ohio area? (zip code preferred)

Once you have provided answers to the questions then I can provide a solution for you. I look forward to your next posting.

Thank you...

0 Likes