Location of serving 4G LTE site for my cabin
Brobot
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just purchased a Wilson DT 4G signal booster along with a directional yagi antenna. I have an extremely weak 4G LTE signal at this cabin (I only get it if I stick my phone on the north facing window and toggle air plane mode).

I want to install this system so as to get the best signal and to do so I need to know the location of the LTE site serving my cabin, so I can aim the yagi antenna.

The cabin is in Cedar Crest, OK zip code 74352.

Labels (1)
Re: Location of serving 4G LTE site for my cabin
B33
Legend

Have a Look at this Map, Its from Sensorly the Data is collected Via Verizon Customers.. and then is sent to this company it looks like your on the Fringe of the Service.. Verizon has Extenders that might help in your situation have a Look on there Website..

Here is the Map of your Area..

http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Verizon/lte_310verizon#q=74352|coverage

Brobot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the response. I mapped that coverage on Sensorly a while back when I had an android phone.

I was unable to determine the cell site location back when I was plotting that coverage.

I'm really hoping a Verizon employee has access to 4G cell site locations and/or more detailed coverage maps to show me the best location to point my Yagi to.

0 Likes
Brobot
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you switch to the Verizon 2G/3G map, my cabin is located in the light green 3G splotch to the southwest of the marker (when you click the link).

It is on arrowhead drive

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Cool..  we'll give it a Look..  I have lots of Fam that lives down in Oklahoma might be close to that area.. just asking does Lake Eufalla boarder the area your cabin is at,  it looks like it might. b

0 Likes
Brobot
Enthusiast - Level 2

My cabin is near Lake Ft. Gibson. Lake Eufala is to the southwest a ways. Lake Eufala is covered by one of Verizon's LTE in Rural America partners, (Sprocket Wireless).

0 Likes
B33
Legend

O"  close to Lake Ft Gibson I'll have to Look into that further... there some really nice lakes down there my nephew lives close to Kaw  Lake)   I think at&t is strong in that area but it's been a few years since I was down there Visiting and things may have changed since then..

0 Likes
Brobot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Boating in Oklahoma is an absolute joy. We have so many lakes (no wonder Texas wants our water).

Around the Lake Ft. Gibson area AT&T is fairly strong but I would say US Cellular is the strongest. I use Verizon because they are the strongest at my primary residence in Tulsa and in the surrounding metro area, plus Verizon phones roam for free onto US Cellular's network (with 3G too if the signal is strong enough).

All of that being said, no one has strong signal on the east side of the lake where my cabin is. US Cellular is just barely available in most of the area (1 to 2 bars of 1x that works reasonably well for calls but little else) and AT&T available (oddly enough somewhat strong too) in select portions of the neighborhood while in others has no service.

I can catch Verizon 3G and LTE signals if I place my phone on an elevated surface aimed towards the north and move away from it (obviously not ideal). However those signals are always unusable and I usually try to force the phone to roam again if I can (because at least US Cellular's network can make calls).

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yea,  I've heard in a round about way from some my relatives that have US Cellular that Verizon is working = roaming more with US Cellular)  around my Area US Cellular is pretty decent but no 4G which I think there trying to get.. But in your Case and extender might help it's a least worth a try.. If the extender doesn't work you have 14 Days to return it..

0 Likes
Brobot
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do have a network extender to use for voice but as I have discovered recently, between my sketchy DSL connection and electrical storms I can't rely on either for communication.

I am installing this Wilson DT 4G repeater to gain access to faster, more reliable internet (through a strong LTE signal) as well as access to voice service directly from a real cell site that I can count on to complete calls during the worst of conditions.

0 Likes