Losing mobile internet nightly regardless of great signal
Kyle2357
Enthusiast - Level 1

Screenshot_20220404-211749.png

 Every night my mobile internet is unusable from around 8pm to midnight . I live in the sticks. We have more cows than people so it's hard to imagine that the tower is congested. I have posted a screen shot from Network Signal Guru that shows I have good CQI and great SINR but the tower is giving my a lousy MCS and very little resource blocks. No resource blocks, no bandwidth. Verizon, can you further diagnose this particular tower  (ECell ID 121828/12) during the timeframe 9pm~10:30pm CST? Thanks.

Re: Losing mobile internet nightly regardless of great signal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance of your services working, and we can certainly look into what is going on. How long ago did this issue begin? It sounds like you have attempted troubleshooting. Which troubleshooting steps have you attempted so far?

*Gert

Kyle2357
Enthusiast - Level 1

I guess it started roughly six months ago. I have the same issue on multiple devices and multiple phone numbers. I have the same issues on a Pixel 3a, 4, and 6 and an LG phone (I can't remember what the model was). I have tried limiting the phone to bands: B2, B13, and B66 separately and every permutation thereof. The best results are when the phone can only use band B66 but it is still unusable with a large packet loss of over 75%. Tonight, it was unusable until around 12:30 am CST. Even then, I had to use the satellite internet to access this forum due to my login timing out when trying over LGE.

I have tried standard troubleshooting things like:

- rebooting my phone

- powering off my phone

- cycling airplane mode on/off

- using different devices

- changing my location: going outside, standing on top of my RV, driving down the road

- attempting to access multiple sites: google, netflix, amazon

When I drive to another tower my phone can successfully use LGE, but when I come back it will stop working ( the music streaming over my phone will stop playing ).

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can certainly look into what is going on with you, and see what solutions we are able to provide. Please send us a Private Note, so we may be able to proceed.

*Gert

0 Likes