Low signal problem
JX2DAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use 3 different phones at my house, and all of them have been on LTE voice for the past year with no problems.  Starting about two weeks ago, our signal strength dropped and voice quality dropped a lot.  Every call I made the other party would say "I can't hear you."  I temporarily fixed the problem by disabling LTE voice.

It seems as though the root problem is a drop in our LTE coverage near my house.  How can I report this to Verizon so someone can take a look at it?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Low signal problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having you with our family since the 1990's is amazing ELVAN71 . I'm happy to hear you had such excellent service at work, in the woods, at home and while traveling. I'm sorry your service has declined over the recent years when 4g was introduced. Have we provided any trouble-shooting steps or filed a trouble-ticket to have the issue investigated? Although we can not guarantee service inside, our concern is that you had good service previously and now your having issues.

Additionally, purchasing a Network Extender is a great idea for helping with service issues inside your home. Here is a link with some information about the Network Extender http://vz.to/1RurdpM . Its a great investement.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JX2DAD,

Let's turn that "can't" into "can." Has there been any changes in the area when this started? Turning off the HD Voice was a great step, but did you only have this issue at home? With the HD Voice off, how is call quality?

RussellM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JX2DAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Russell,

Turning off HD voice resolved the call quality problem.  It's not as good as with HD voice on and working, but good nonetheless.  I've only had this issue at home.  I've experienced the problems on multiple phones we own, so it doesn't seem like a phone specific issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JX2DAD, having a good connection while at home is always important. I want to make sure that we get the chance to turn things around for you and the family today. So we can get a better look at the area, can you please provide me with the zip code that you're in? How far would you say you need to travel before you can pick up a better connection? Please keep us posted. 

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
JX2DAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Zip code is 22182, although I'm at the extreme edge of the zip code.  Major cross street is Leesburg Pike and Towlston Road.  The signal gets slowly better as I drive toward Tysons Corner.  Inside Tysons the signal is consistently strong.

There's always been a drop off from Tysons as I approach my neighborhood, but the drop off has been more severe in the past 2-4 weeks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for the helpful information, JX2DAD. We did check the area and did not find any known issues in the area at this time. We’d like to continue looking into this together. How often do you power your device off? Powering off daily will make sure your phone resets with the network and any updates to the network. Do all devices have the most up to date software? 

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
KELVAN71
Enthusiast - Level 1

I started with Alltel cell service in the 1990's and kept my service when Verizon bought Alltel.  Our service has been spectacular at home, in the woods, at work, while traveling, until about 12 months ago.  At that time Verizon's 4G LTE signal strength started to decline sharply.  Now, both me and my wife's phones barely get 3G most of the time, and the signal drops to 1X alot.  This makes having a conversation on our cell phones in our home nearly impossible.  Thank goodness my wife insisted on keeping our land line, which is through Comcast. Without that we would not have any phone service in our home.  A friend suggested that we buy a cell signal booster but somehow it seems wrong that we pay the money we do for cell service and now we must spend more money just to get signal in our homes.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having you with our family since the 1990's is amazing ELVAN71 . I'm happy to hear you had such excellent service at work, in the woods, at home and while traveling. I'm sorry your service has declined over the recent years when 4g was introduced. Have we provided any trouble-shooting steps or filed a trouble-ticket to have the issue investigated? Although we can not guarantee service inside, our concern is that you had good service previously and now your having issues.

Additionally, purchasing a Network Extender is a great idea for helping with service issues inside your home. Here is a link with some information about the Network Extender http://vz.to/1RurdpM . Its a great investement.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
Ryanbigbed
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same issue in Brentwwod Tn. Just started 2 eeeks ago. Reported to vetizon. 3 calls to tech support. Still no info or solution. Will be calling att and sprint next week for pricing to switch. I can get weak service at a lower price. Also going to talk to all my neighbors who have verizon and so will have seem same drop in service.

KC1987
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in Kansas City Missouri and have been experiencing the same issue for the past 8 months not just in my home but all over the state. Home, work, friends houses. I have not seen my phone get more than 2 bars. It’s normally at 1 bar. I was going to switch carriers but i have friends with sprint and the same thing is happening to them as well. There is clearly something major going on and they aren’t telling people! It is probably where they are going to a different type of network and everyone will have to get new phones like they did about 12 years ago.

5C3A5687-3910-4A79-B66D-017CA412C7C8.png