MIFI 4510L data connection while plugged into USB
deloswilbur
Enthusiast - Level 3

With the old MIFI 2200 you could plug a computer into the USB port and charge it while using it for data.  This one shuts off data connection immediately when plugged into USB port on computer.  I am NOT referring to allowing WIFI connections, I know that turns off and that is fine.  I just want to be able to use it as a USB modem when I don't need the WIFI capability as I can  hen connect my home computer without having to install WIFI dongle on desktop.

Anyone get this to work?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MIFI 4510L data connection while plugged into USB
flynhi
Enthusiast - Level 2

the 4510L is not designed to be tethered via usb for data.  The usb is only a charge jack.  According to their tech support, the 4510L is only designed to work as a wireless hotspot.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
flynhi
Enthusiast - Level 2

the 4510L is not designed to be tethered via usb for data.  The usb is only a charge jack.  According to their tech support, the 4510L is only designed to work as a wireless hotspot.

0 Likes
T-bolt_Camb
The manual says the usb conn can be used for firmware updates. So the data xfer potential is there. I think this was a design choice favoring the provider. Happy charging.
0 Likes
deloswilbur
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hmm, thanks for the replies, that is a bummer though as internet connection sharnig is going to be complicated by that.  Guess I dig out the wireless dongles.  On the bright side this seems to be holding connection much better than the LG or Pantech did.

0 Likes