MIFI 4510L working great after some tweaks
rherman

I recently upgraded fromt he MIFI 2200 to the MIFI 4510L.  I live in an area with no LTE around.  I immediately had a lot of problems with the MIFI stalling on the 3G connection.  I have a Windows 7 laptop.  I eventually saw that others were having trouble with the 4510L and Windows 7 so I forced the 4510L to use wireless b/g instead of N and the stalling went away.  I am now travelling in 4G territory and this this is awesome.  I am consistently getting 20/10 bandwidth and I have had no stalls.  I am thinking that the 4510L needs a firmware update for wireless N.  Otherwise this is amazing.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MIFI 4510L working great after some tweaks
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Interesting idea.  I have been having issues with my 4510L and will try switching the wireless frequency from N to B/G.  I will let everyone know how it goes after a few days of testing.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

It might be too early to know for sure, but I have been having great results by just resetting my MiFi 4510L.  Ever since I pressed down the reset button on the back of the device I have been able to remain connected without my html lagging/stalling.  I will have to wait it out and continue with my testing over the next few days.

If my disconnection problem returns then I will try out your idea in more detail. 

0 Likes
Farmer-Girl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think I'm in the same boat as you, but I'm not a techie....  I live in a 3G area (not 4G) - and after the initial set-up last night, we can't get it to work.  Can you please tell me how to do the tweaks you described?  (in English, please?)

Thank you SO much!!!

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Farmer-Girl,

You might need to elaborate on what you mean by "cant get it to work" to get a specific answer.

Here are the general steps that I used to correct my problem:

1) Power up the MiFi

2) Remove the back cover

3) Press and hold the small Reset button on the back for 10-15 seconds.

a. You should see the LED indicator turn yellow I believe

4) Release the Reset button

5) Restore the back cover

6) Allow the device to finish reseting and stabilize

7) Test your connection

To change the router to broadcast frequency:

1) Connect to your MiFi

2) Enter your IP address into a web browser address bar

3) Sign into your MiFi by typing your password in the Login text box

4) Click the Wi-Fi tab

5) Select 802.11n from the 802.11 Mode Drop Down List 

6) Click Apply

I hope this is what you were asking for.

0 Likes
revera

This solution works for me and my internet speed is noticeably faster, based on speed tests I get about 5MBPS downloads. Thank you for your idea and experience. 

Now I have to figure out how to stop the frequent dormant status that happens with my device. Very annoying!

0 Likes