Massive Drop in LTE speed
MichaelHampton
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I moved into my current house 3 years ago I tested the LTE speed because I work from home and this was critical to us buying this house in a rural area. The speeds were consistent at 15+Mbps. This was from our phones, as well as our Verizon LTE Broadband home modem. I had noticed that it had slowed some recently, to sub 10Mbps but it was still livable.  Now, 3 years later I am consistently getting anywhere from 2Mbps to less than 1Mbps and our phones are showing 2-3 bars of service. This is on all or our devices and phones. I took my phone and drove around and found that half a mile up the road I was able to get 40+Mbps. Nothing has changed as to my house location obviously, so I can only imagine something has changed with the local tower. Who do I talk with to have this researched? I specifically moved to Verizon Wireless because their signal was so much better than AT&T when I moved here. Zip code is 75684.

Thanks

Michael 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Massive Drop in LTE speed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have reliable service at all times. We'll help resolve this for you. Does this only occur in your home?

TrinetteW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MichaelHampton
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not just inside the house, but around the entire property. All devices on my account are showing the same results. As i said, if I drive a half mile up the road I get great speed. I'd be happy if I could just get back to the 15Mbps I was getting when I moved here. Not sure what changed. There was a small tornado in the area a few months back. Could that have done something to the tower?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional information, MichaelHampton. A tornado could certainly cause an issue with cellular service in the area. I would like to take a closer look at your account so I have sent a private message for further assistance. I look forward to your reply.

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MichaelHampton
Enthusiast - Level 2

A little disappointed. So the final answer is basically, "things change, live with it." Their answer sent me to a page that explains that sometimes buildings and such are put in the path between the customer and the tower. Well, I live in the country. No new buildings in the area. That said, I guess I will have to "live with it" until something better comes along.

0 Likes